Summary: We are all on a journey.This message preaches through the same text twice. The journey to the Promised Land and the journey to the Promiser. Moses destination was to worship before claiming the promise.
If There Ever Was A Man Who Went On The Journey Of A Lifetime It Was Moses
• From the bulrush to the palace
• From the palace to the backside of the wilderness into the presence of God
• From an intimate experience with God back to an unbearable Egyptian bondage
• From bondage to the edge of the Red Sea
• From the Sea into the wilderness
• From the wilderness to the edge of the promise land
• Back into the wilderness again
As Soon As We Breathe Our First Breathes In This World Our Journey Begins…
…and as soon as our minds are able to fathom and comprehend
• we are bombarded with false ideologies
• we are stimulated by a confused way of thinking
• we are encouraged to reach distorted goals
• we struggle to find our meaning
• with a sense of hopelessness comes a feeling of loneliness in the depths of our soul
• there must be more, this can’t be it
We Can Watch The Lives Of Famous People…
…like Michael Jordan, Mike Tyson, Ronald Reagan, Albert Einstein, Mozart, and so on. (their achievements fade away)
We As Christians Can Look At The Stars In The Sky On A Clear Night
• We can watch the sun go down in the early evening only to see it rise again the next morning.
• We do not wait in agony wandering if the sun will come back again.
• We do not sit in fear that the stars will plummet to the earth or that the earth will stop orbiting the sun.
For us our eyes have been opened. We understand what it is that holds the universe in place…that keeps the seas from swallowing the shores and holds the clouds in the skies. We know who painted the sky blue and placed the stars in the sky. We have that peace that passes all understanding. We know that there is more in life than will ever meet our eyes.
For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
There is nothing wrong with claiming the eternal promise of everlasting life
There is nothing wrong with looking forward to our being with the lion of Judah…the King of Kings
God promised it so that we could hold on to it
God promised it so that if there is any virtue any praise…think on these things
But There Is Something Between Here And There And It Is Called Life!
There Is A Call, No A Cry From The Heart Of God
“Why are you satisfied without my presence?”
Now Moses kept * the flock of Jethro his father in law, the priest of Midian: and he led the flock to the backside of the desert, and came to the mountain of God, even to Horeb.
And the angel of the LORD appeared unto him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush: and he looked, and, behold, the bush burned with fire, and the bush was not consumed.
And Moses said, I will now turn aside, and see this great sight, why the bush is not burnt.