Summary: A soul winner will bring joy to the Saviour, to Self, to the Sinner and to the Saints.
The Joy of a Soul Winner
Study Text: Luke 10: 17 - 20
- The most valuable possessions in the world are souls. Jesus said, "For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?" (Matt. 16:26)
- Once we recognize the value of our souls and the value of the souls of others, we will want to do all we can to save souls.
- Winning souls is thrilling, adds true meaning to life, and starts a fire burning Satan can't extinguish.
- The reason many churches are dying is many Christians forgot how to win souls to Christ. Many have not experienced the joy found in winning souls.
- Leading souls to Jesus Christ is simple. It takes love for God, love for the souls of others, and love for our own soul.
- This love will cause us to examine the Scriptures and find the secrets of soul-winning.
- After Jesus provided the means through His atoning blood by which souls might be won and saved from sin, He sent His disciples out with the incomparable task of winning souls by preaching His Gospel.
- But soul-winning is not merely a task or duty, although it is certainly both. It is also a surpassing privilege that brings manifold joy each time a soul is won by the Gospel.
1. The Soul-winner brings joy to the Saviour.
(Luke 15:10) “Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repents.”
- Since the first sin, the whole interest of Heaven has been the redemption of the human race. God spent several centuries bringing His plan of redemption to fruition. (Galatians 4:4)
- Would it not be the wonder of all wonders if the Heavenly hosts were indifferent when men choose to obey the Gospel and be saved?
- The populace of Heaven is no less thrilled when the redeemed go out seeking the souls of those yet lost. How much joy have you hereby brought to the angels?
2. The Soul-winner brings joy to the Sinner.
- After his baptism, the Ethiopian “went on his way rejoicing” (Acts 8:39) “And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing.”
- The joy of the discovery and obedience of the Truth, the release from the guilt of sin, the entering into a new life, and the hope of eternal life all combine to make the moment of conversion a source of incomparable rejoicing!
3. The Soul-winner brings joy to Self
- (Psalms 126:6) “He that goes forth and weeps, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him.”
- There are many joys and thrills to be experienced in the Christian life, but only one outshines that of becoming a Christian: sowing the seed and reaping the harvest of a soul.
- This is because, not only that the soul-winner will get to heaven, he will also have bountiful rewards there.