The Position of Sainthood
1. Salute Îevery saint in Christ Jesusâ
2. In Christ Jesus
3. Not just those revered of old
1. John 1:12, "But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name"
2. 1 John 3:1, "Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God"
3. The Power of Sainthood
1. Two completely diverse classes of people
a. Church at Philippi were persecuted by Jews & Romans
b. Paul links them together as Îsaintsâ & Îbrothersâ
c. Even those of ÎCaesars householdâ
4. They had learned to imitate Paul
a. Life ö Missionary to Jews & Gentiles
b. Perspective ö 1 Cor. 9:22, "I am made all things to all men, that I might by all
means save some"
1. The impact of one Îsaintâ brought many others
2. No wonder Paul praised God (vs. 20)
3. The Promise of Sainthood
2. Of Jesus Christ
1. As grace impresses our spirit, others see the Îsainthoodâ in us The grace of God effects others through us