Summary: Four Parasites in Philippians 1.) The Unexpected Parasites 2.) The Human Parasite 3.) The Social Parasite 4.) The Emotional Parasite
- Head lice, Leeches & Ticks
- Makes you feel creepy crawly
Internal Parasites .
A parasite is something that exists by taking from another
They sneak in without notice & unexpected taking up residence in or on their host
Hookworm penetrate the skin
- Worms use their teeth to burrow through the intestinal wall and feed on your blood
Roundworms can lay 200,000 eggs a day
- Adults grow to 15 inches long.
- Cause blockage to the intestine
- Abscesses in the liver,
- Hemorrhage the pancreas
Tapeworms may grow to 35 feet long
- Can live ten years inside the persons intestines.
- Some tapeworms can lay as many as one million eggs
- Their bodies are in separate segments with hooks and suction cups on their skull.
Without Parasites .
- No worries
- Life is good
- Full of fun, happiness, & joy
Parasites Are Joy Suckers .
- Have you noticed that we live in a parasitic world?
- Tiny unexpected parasites creep in
- They are not supposed to be part of our life
- Sin comes in little by little bringing destruction
- Money problems, Relationships turn sour, Sickness of heart mind & body
- Wrecking havoc to our lives
James 4:1–4 (AV)
1 From whence come wars and fightings among you? come they not hence, even of your lusts that war in your members?
2 Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not.
3 Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.
4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.
> Matthew 24:12 (AV)
12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
Wax - goes back to the way candles are made.
A wick is dipped into hot wax
- Then taken out and allowed to cool for a few seconds,
- Now a thin layer of wax.
- Repeated again & again until the wick is buried deep within the wax.
- The same is true with the heart.
- The greatest need in man's life is the removal of sin
- If we take our eyes off Jesus and focus on the evil around us and it's circumstances,
- Layers of negativity harden around our hearts, and the love for God and others waxes cold.
An elusive word in Philippians is JOY.
Isaiah 26:3 (AV)
3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.
- The joy of the Lord is a thing that every believer ought to enjoy abundantly.
- Joy is not dependent on the circumstances.
Philippians 4:4 "Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice."
- Joy is internal and comes from the Lord
- Happiness is external and results from happenings.
- There are parasites that eat away your joy
- Nurse & rehearse the hurt
FOUR PARASITES IN PHILIPPIANS
1.) The Unexpected Parasites s.
Philippians Ch. 1.
Philippians 1:12–13 (AV)
12 But I would ye should understand, brethren, that the things which happened unto me have fallen out rather unto the furtherance of the gospel;
13 So that my bonds (imprisonment, chains) in Christ are manifest (known) in all the palace, and in all other places;