Summary: Beware of what you are sowing because it will determine what you will reap
THE LAW OF HARVEST
There are several laws governing several situations in the universe:
- The law of gravity:- whatever goes up must come down
- The law of mathematics:- two parallel line do not meet
- The law of housekeeping:- as you lay your bed so you will sleep on it
- The law of the prophets- whatsoever you want men to do to you do the same to them
- The law of harvest:- whatsoever a man sows that shall he also reap.
We want to begin a series on the topic THE LAW OF HARVEST and our text is taken from the book of Galatians 6:7-8
7 Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, this he will also reap.
8 For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life.
If you look at the structure and order of things around us you will have discovered that they operate on certain laws and principles, but above all other laws, the law of harvest affects every thing, person and God Himself. He deliberately subjects Himself to it to show us how important that law is. It is as important as the ability to read and understand the English alphabet to speaking and writing English grammar.
Therefore we have noticed that:
- a farmer must sow seed to have harvest
- couples must sow their individual seed to have a new born baby
- a teacher must teach to become proficient in his career
- Water must be available on the ground for evaporation. Condensation and rainfall
it unfortunate to note that when we want to talk about the law of harvest and seed sowing people get the wrong impression that we are about asking for donation for the church. In today’s sermon we are not going to begin with monetary issues but some other fundamental things that affects you and your generations.
WHAT CAN WE SOW THEN?
GOOD OR BAD CONDUCT (BEHAVIOUR)
a. Humility or Pride.
What is humility? I shall define it as a deliberate act of reducing your self from the status that you occupy or have achieved.
5 Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus,
6 who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped,
7 but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men.
8 Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.
9 For this reason also, God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name,
Humility is not when the younger respects the elderly. No. it is the opposite. When the person that deserved to be respected turns around to respect those that do not deserved it, which is humility.
Therefore if you want to become someone to be respected all over the seed you have to sow first is humility. Humility is the seed that produce respect while pride is the seed that produce demotion and shame.
Read James 4:10; Matt.3:13-15.
What are the signs of pride and arrogance?
- a proud person prefer to use the word I all the time to show that he is the one