Summary: Salvation creates a new man
THE MAKING OF A NEW MAN
1. Bible very Specific – Christian is a New Creation
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
b. Change so startling and real it has been described as:
New Birth – dead; crucified w/Christ
2. Closet Christian or Carnal Christian new Phenomena
a. because entrance of God into soul
b. produces Radical Changes
c. Old man is dead & new man in his place
A. Safety of God’s Family
1. World no longer home – sin has become repugnant
2. “long to see you”
3. “comforted together with you”
4. beaten & battered – misunderstood & mistreated
B. See Lost People Saved – “some fruit among you”
1. New Christians always bring lost people to Jesus
a. Over yrs we know fewer & bring fewer
2. “I would give up my salvation to see Israel saved”
a. Not a theological truth – Heart desire
3. Whatever It Takes!
a. Cooked Supper ea night – counseled at the altar
b. worked in FLC; keep nursery; teach SS
C. See Saved People Sanctified
1. “to the end you may be established”
2. Comfort each other – Correct Each Other
3. time for God’s People to hold each other accountable
Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother.  But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.  And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.
2. NEW DEBT
A. Recognition v. 14
1. Personal responsibility
a. “I am” – people have watched me live
b. My past life leads them to hell
2. Powerful Conviction – I am _ debtor
a. under obligation to pay
b. past due and payable on demand
c. sense of a desperate need to pay
3. Peculiar Oneness “both to the Greeks & barbarians”
a. no room for racism in a Christians heart
b. all men need to be saved & when saved Brother/sis
B. Restitution v. 15
1. I have a burning desire to settle this debt
2. “preach the Gospel”
a. shout the good news
b. only good news lost world can hear is
Jesus Saves! – Jesus Saves!
We have heard the joyful sound
Jesus Saves Jesus saves
Spread the tidings all around
Jesus Saves! Jesus Saves!
Bear the news to every land
Climb the steeps & cross the waves
Onward! Tis the Lord’s command
Jesus Saves! Jesus Saves!
3. NEW DETERMINATION
A. Boldness in Words
O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.
let me never be ashamed: deliver me in Your righteousness.
I will speak of Your testimonies also before kings, and will not be ashamed.
For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father’s, and of the holy angels.