Summary: Prayer is one of those tools God has given us to accomplish His work in and through us.
John 14:12-14 (quickview)  "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father. 13 "And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 "If you ask anything in My name, I will do it.
Prayer is one of those tools God has given us to accomplish His work in and through us. However like any tool there is always the danger of misuse. The realm of prayer has its measure, means and might by which we are to give our attention to.
1. Measure: "Whatever you ask"
Measure: an appropriate restraint, limit or bounds.
The measure of our praying or asking … is defined not as a "whatever you want" but by the …
· Measure of who believes … in Jesus.
· Measure of who works … the works of Jesus.
· Measure of who is glorified … God the Father.
Ephesians 3:20-21 (quickview)  Now glory be to God! By his mighty power at work within us, he is able to accomplish infinitely more than we would ever dare to ask or hope. 21 May he be given glory in the church and in Christ Jesus forever and ever through endless ages. Amen.
2. Means: "In My name"
Means: a method, a course of action, or an instrument by which an act can be accomplished or an end achieved.
· Means … safe guards our praying of excessiveness.
· Means … not an end to our prayers, but the beginning.
· Means … belief in the work of Jesus and to what end He works.
3. Might: "I will do"
Might: the strength or ability to do something.
The ability to answer prayer is not of us … but in Christ.
· Might … is resting in the strength of Christ.
· Might … is hoping in the ability of Christ
· Might … is trusting in the accomplishment of Christ
· What is the measure of your prayers?
· What is the means and might behind your prayers?
Let it be Christ.