Summary: what happen in the middle of the journey, the start is full excitement and the end is full of joy because you achieved the end. The middle is the hardest part of the journey, it is where the frustration happens and discouragement sets in.
A few months ago we were setting goals and visions for the year, we were so excited and full of anticipation for what is going to happen, for some of us it is going well and we are on track just pushing to get to the next level, for others it is not going well at all and we are getting frustrated or already frustrated wondering is the end ever going to or wondering am I going to see the promised land.
ecc 9:11I returned and saw under the sun that the race is not to the swift nor the battle to the strong, neither is bread to the wise nor riches to men of intelligence and understanding nor favor to men of skill; but time and chance happen to them all.
12For man also knows not his time [of death]: as the fishes are taken in an evil net, and as the birds are caught in the snare, so are the sons of men snared in an evil time when [calamity] falls suddenly upon them
1. God will give you a vision or a dream and show you how it is going to end but he never shows you the processes that will be happening.itis amazing that life happens on the way and things don’t go the way that we planned it to go.
2. We need to know that God is true and faithfull that if he say that you are going to the promised land then you are going to the promised land.
3. But there is always a timeline between the saying and the receiving of the promise it is called the MIDDLE, it is important what we do in the middle that will determin if we put our selves in a place to receive.
4. God told the Israelites the promise but never shows you what fully lies ahead of you, Process always precedes receiving the promise.
5. The process is just as important to God as the end goal is, it is the time where the character and skill get developed to maintain the vision.
a. God protect the vision and the faith that you have, it is very overwhelming to see the challenges that are ahead of you .
6. A hateful middle
17 When Pharaoh finally let the people go, God did not lead them along the main road that runs through Philistine territory, even though that was the shortest route to the Promised Land. God said, “If the people are faced with a battle, they might change their minds and return to Egypt.” 18 So God led them in a roundabout way through the wilderness toward the Red Sea.]
13 But Moses told the people, “Don’t be afraid. Just stand still and watch the LORD rescue you today. The Egyptians you see today will never be seen again. 14 The LORD himself will fight for you. Just stay calm.”
15 Then the LORD said to Moses, “Why are you crying out to me? Tell the people to get moving forward!
1. The Enemy will attack your dream and God given vision
The enemy becomes active in your life when he see that you are about to take hold of your destiny.
a. The enemy will come straight away to kill your vision, if he can get the vision early he has a chance to stop you, talk you out of it.
b. The enemy came after Mary & Joseph to kill jesus
c. We have to do what mary and joseph did they protected Jesus
d. We need to nurture our vision just like a baby
Temptation is a sign that Satan hates you not a sight of weakness or worldliness
1) We will all be tempted
a) We have to predetermine what we will in a circumstance before we get into the circumstance, often times it is too late when we are in the test.
b) Just because you are tempted doesn’t mean that you have sinned it is what we do with the temptation.
c) Temptation is not only sex but there are different types of temptation that we will face.
13 And He said to them, “Do you not understand this parable? How then will you understand all the parables? 14 The sower sows the word. 15 And these are the ones by the wayside where the word is sown. When they hear, Satan comes immediately and takes away the word that was sown in their hearts. 16
the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream. “Get up,” he said, “take the child and his mother and escape to Egypt. Stay there until I tell you, for Herod is going to search for the child to kill him.”
i. Will Bring Fear
• When the Israelites saw the Egyptian army coming toward them they had fear come upon them,