Summary: Tears are a gift of God. Tears can bless us, comfort us, convict us, and sustain us.
The Ministry of Tears
Luke 7: 36-50
The Value of tears. - This morning I would like to speak on the ministry of tears and the many ways that they are a gift from God.
I. Tears Are A Release Of Our Emotions.
1. There are Tears of Love. - Luke 7
2. There are Tears of Joy.
My wife can laugh until she cries. The day I became a Christian I wept uncontrollably.
3. There are Tears of Compassion - John 11:35 "Jesus wept."
II. Tears Can Be A Result Of Our Wrong Doing
1. There are Tears of Repentance
David wept after committing adultery and murder
Peter wept after denying the Lord.
2. There are Tears of Regret - Psalm 137:1-4
III. Tears Can Be The Result Of Right Doing
1. There are Tears of Ministry - Ps. 126:6
Illustration - A young Salvation Army officer is so discouraged that he writes Gen. Booth saying, "I’ve tried everything and am about to quit." - General Booth wrote back, "try tears."
2. There are Tears of Service. - II Cor. 2:4
IV. Tears Will One Day Be No More - Rev. 21:4
Tears Serve A Purpose
1. They keep this world from becoming too attractive to us. - Ps. 30:5
2. They make us homesick for heaven.
No more Tears
No more Heartbreak
No more Suffering
No more Disappointments
No more Mourning
No more Loneliness
No more Poverty
JUST FELLOWSHIP WITH JESUS