1. THE CHARACTER OF THE NAME - "the name of the Lord thy God"
(a) The character of his person - "the Lord" i.e. Jehovah
(b) The character of his power - "thy God" - Elohim"
(c) The character of his position - "thy God" note:-
(a) His Person - "the Lord" - Jehovah - Moses in Exodus 3 (quickview)  v. 13 & 14 "And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them? And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you."
3 Hebrew words:-
1. Yehi or Je - future tense - "He will be" i.e. His eternity
2. Hove - present tense i.e. "He that is" - His existence
3. Hahyah or Ah - past tense - He that was - His Antiquity - Revelation 4 (quickview)  v. 8 "And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come."
(b) His Power - Elohim - God is the faithful and strong one -
Prov 18 v. 10 "And he rode upon a cherub, and did fly: yea, he did fly upon the wings of the wind."
Elohim signifies the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit
Genesis 1 (quickview)  v. 26 "And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth."
(c) His Position - "The Lord thy God" - My Jesus I love thee - if ever I loved thee, my Jesus
- God had just ransomed and redemed them from bondage.
Psalm 148 (quickview)  v. 13 & 14 "Let them praise the name of the LORD: for his name alone is excellent; his glory is above the earth and heaven. He also exalteth the horn of his people, the praise of all his saints; even of the children of Israel, a people near unto him. Praise ye the LORD."
2. THE CONTENT OF HIS NAME - His name is:-
(a) Jehovah - Jireh - Genesis 22 (quickview)  v. 14 "And Abraham called the name of that place Jehovahjireh: as it is said to this day, In the mount of the LORD it shall be seen." The Lord who provides
(d) Jehovah - Shammah Ezekiel 48 (quickview)  v. 35 "It was round about eighteen thousand measures: and the name of the city from that day shall be, The LORD is there." - The Lord who is present