Summary: Everything has its price. What would you be willing to do for that price?
Matthew 16:26 (AV)
26 For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?
Everybody/Thing Has Its Price
• I will send you a handmade card from ENGLAND for $5
• I will send you 3 home made stickers for $5
• I will be your Girlfriend on Facebook for a Week for $5
What Would YOU Be Willing To Do For A Million Dollars?
• Give up television for the rest of your life.
• Go on a bread and water diet for two years.
• Move to another country – permanently
“What Would You Do For Ten Million Dollars?”
• 23% said they would become a prostitute for a week or more
• 25% said they would abandon their families
• 25% said they would abandon their church
• There is very little anyone would not do. People are murdered for $10 arguments.
Mt. 16:26 … what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?
Job 2:4 (AV)
4 And Satan answered the LORD, and said, Skin for skin, yea, all that a man hath will he give for his life.
- There is one thing a man will not give for his life
- If he has got it; and that is, the favour of God.
- What is life? - Ps 30:5 “In your favour is life”
Psalm 36:7–9 (AV)
7 How excellent is thy lovingkindness, O God! therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of thy wings.
8 They shall be abundantly satisfied with the fatness of thy house; and thou shalt make them drink of the river of thy pleasures.
9 For with thee is the fountain of life: in thy light shall we see light.
v. 8a – “Now if we be dead with Christ” a conditional clause
- Put to death
Colossians 3:1–5 (AV)
1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.
5 Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:
- Compare & add v.11
v.8c - “we shall also live with Him”
- it is not an exclusively future setting
- It is also a “here and now” orientation,
v.8b - Pivotal “we believe”
- Confident truth
Have A Song
- Living alone is distressing frustrating
- A musical score changes everything
- Given a opportunity can change the direction to life
- Christ changes everything
Psalm 40:3 (KJV)
3 And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the Lord.
Video - Choi Sung-bong - Opera Singer
- Korea Got Talent – Uploaded to YouTube June 2011
- Video all in Korean
- His music understood in any language
- Homeless boy went on to sing and in the end came in 2nd
- “I’m not a good singer I just like it”
- Sept 2012 His autobiography, “Just Live Without Conditions
’Cause You Live Only Once”, describes his journey.
- It skyrocketed to the top of the bestseller lists in Korea.
- Choi will also release an anticipated album l
- I’m’ not good but I just love Christ
Disgust - v.7-8
We know what is meant by disgust. Take the case of a sick man, when food of a certain kind is presented to him; consider how certain scents, or tastes, affect certain persons, and you will be at no loss to determine what is meant by disgust.
On the other hand, consider how pleasant a meal is to the hungry, or some enlivening odour to the faint; how refreshing the air is to the languid, or the brook to the weary and thirsty; and you will understand what is implied ill being alive with Christ.
- To be dead with Christ is to have our hearts and minds turned towards God and heaven
- To be dead with Christ is to hate and turn from sin.
- To be dead with sin is to be disgusted with sin
- To be dead to sin is that its atmosphere oppresses, distresses, and stifles us
Psalm 119:37 (GW)
37 Turn my eyes away from worthless things. Give me a new life in your ways.