Summary: To show what great a salvation we have in Christ!
ROM.8:36-39 "THE OLD TIME RELIGION HAS STOOD THE TEST OF TIME"
A) Paul was subject to fatal attacks daily! * He was tried with the scourge ... The rod ...
* By stoning ... and in many other ways, but he was more than a conqueror!
* His trials and afflictions were evidence to him that we could stand with angels, principalities,
powers, and even death threatening us!
* He believed that there was nothing above the earth, under the earth, or on the earth that could
separate us from the love of God! * Jude 3 "Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write ......."
B) Jesus said in Matt.16:18, "Upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates ......."
* The word prevail means conquer. * The devil cannot conquer or defeat the Church!
* Rom.8:37 "We are more than conquerors through him (Jesus Christ our Lord) that loved us."
* The old time religion has been tested and tried but thank God it has stood the test and is still
(1) IT HAS BEEN TRIED IN THE FIRE - DAN.3:1-6, 14-25!
* Nebuchadnezzar made an image of gold and set it up in the plain of Dura, in the province of
Babylon. * Then he sent to gather all the rulers of the provinces together for the dedication of it.
A) The princes, governors, captains, judges, treasurers, sheriffs, and all the rulers were there ...
* Then a herald cried aloud, "To you it is commanded, O people, nations, and languages, That at
the time ye hear the sound of the cornet, flute, harp, sackbut, psaltery, dulcimer, and all kinds of
music, ye fall down and worship the golden image that Nebuchadnezzar the king hath set up.
And whoso falleth not down and worshipeth shall the same hour be cast into the midst of a
burning fiery furnace." * And so, the king put his new law to the test!
* The music started and all the people, nations, and the languages fell down and worshipped .......
* Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego refused to worship the golden image that the king had set up!
B) They were threatened by death in the fiery furnace! * The king said, "Is it true .......?
* The three men answered and said to the king, "O Nebuchadnezzar, we are not careful to answer
thee in this matter. If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning
fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king. But if not, be it known unto thee,
O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up."
* Then Nebuchadnezzar was full of fury, and the form of his visage was changed against Shadrach,
Meshach and Abed-nego, and commanded the furnace be heated up 7 times more hotter .......
* Then the king commanded his most mighty men to cast them into the burning furnace!
C) The fire burned to death the men that threw the Hebrew men into the furnace!
* Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego fell down, bound, into the fiery furnace, but felt no harm!
* Whatever they were bound with, burned off, and they got up and walked around in the fire!
* The king heard what happened to his mighty men and went to check it out!
* He looked in the furnace and was astonished and said to his counselors, "Did we not cast ......."