Summary: The Omega Man is the last person to receive Christ before the end of time.
I. Who Is Omega Man?
1. The word Omega means last in the Greek alphabet, i.e., Alpha to Omega.
Definition: Omega, Gr. 1. Last of the Greek alphabet, 2. Ending, conclusion, to be concluded, stop, cease, i.e., to run out, 3. Short lived, 4. A negatively charged elementary particle that has a mass of 3280 times the mass of an electron that decays and is called an omega particle. ~Webster
2. The Omega man is the last person to receive Christ before the end of time.
a. We think of him/her in theory, but he/she will be an actual person who will finally be saved before the Rapture.
b. We don’t know who he/she will be, but God knows because He only is omniscient (knows all things actual and potential). “He calls these thing that do not exist as though they did” (Rom. 4:17, NKJV).
c. We don’t know where they live, but God does (Ps. 139:7-10).
d. We don’t know how they will be reached, but God does (could be personal witness, preaching, media, church planting, internet, etc.).
e. We don’t know what motivation causes him/her to be reached. It could be obedience to scripture, natural love for an area or people group, God’s love working in a soul winner, goal motivation, etc.
f. Who will get credit (crown) for reaching Omega man? Many will participate and be rewarded.
(2) those who send preacher (authority),
(3) those who financially support,
(4) those who trained and motivated,
(5) all the team members of an evangelistic program,
(6) all members of body of Christ who pray (1 Cor. 9:25, 1 Thess. 2:19, Phil. 4:1).
g. We don’t know if Omega person will be man or woman, teen or child. Could be elderly person waiting for the message (Luke 2:23-32, 36-38).
3. Scriptures about reaching the Omega man/woman. The Great Commission was given in five parts, in five different times, at five different locations. Each time, Jesus builds on His previous commands and clarifies what we are to do and how to do it.
a. More intensity of effort.
b. More focused location.
c. More results.
4. A primary verse for Omega man is Matt. 24:14, “And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.”
5. Questions about Matt. 24:14.
a. Is the gospel spoken of in Matthew:
(1) Kingdom truth.
(2) The gospel preached by the church today.
(3) The gospel preached in the tribulation.
b. What does the word ethne refer to?
(1) People group.
(2) Language group.
(3) Culture group, i.e., tribe.
(4) Heritage group.
(5) This reference does not refer to political entity as used in contemporary settings, i.e., nations.
c. What did Jesus mean by “The end”?
(1) The rapture of the church.
(2) The Second Coming of Christ in judgment.
(3) The conclusion/end of offering salvation to the world.
(4) The body of Christ is completed/fulfilled.
6. What could “the end” imply?
a. The tribulation begins.
b. The final judgment by Christ begins.
c. Triggers rapture, “The Father says to the Son, ‘Go get My people.’”
d. The age of the Holy Spirit ends, 2 Thess. 2:6-7.
e. The antichrist is revealed, 2 Thess. 2:8-9.
II. What Should Omega Man Mean To You As A Soul Winner?
1. Motivation – the last physical exertion when the finish line is in sight.
2. Hope achieved the positive feeling when fulfilling a goal.
3. Don’t give up – the re-doubling of effort when the finish line is in sight.
4. Rejoice with Jesus because another lost person is saved.
5. Assurance – God has fulfilled His promises.
6. Inward joy because you had a part in accomplishing God’s plan and goal.
7. Rewarded for faithful service in evangelism (1 Thess.
If you have never really accepted Jesus as your personal Savior, would you do it right now? Do not delay or put it off. If you would like to receive Christ by faith, pray this simple prayer in your heart:
Dear Lord, I acknowledge that I am a sinner. I believe Jesus died for my sins on the cross, and rose again the third day. I repent of my sins. By faith I receive the Lord Jesus as my Savior. You promised to save me, and I believe You, because You are God and cannot lie. I believe right now that the Lord Jesus is my personal Savior, and that all my sins are forgiven through His precious blood. I thank You, dear Lord, for saving me. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
If you prayed that prayer, God heard you and saved you. I personally want to welcome you to the family of God and rejoice with you.
For more information on the TRBC Pastor’s Bible Class, log on to the Internet for TRBC Home page at www.trbc.org/pbc.