Summary: The Omega Man is the last person to receive Christ before the end of time.
I. Who Is Omega Man?
1. The word Omega means last in the Greek alphabet, i.e., Alpha to Omega.
Definition: Omega, Gr. 1. Last of the Greek alphabet, 2. Ending, conclusion, to be concluded, stop, cease, i.e., to run out, 3. Short lived, 4. A negatively charged elementary particle that has a mass of 3280 times the mass of an electron that decays and is called an omega particle. ~Webster
2. The Omega man is the last person to receive Christ before the end of time.
a. We think of him/her in theory, but he/she will be an actual person who will finally be saved before the Rapture.
b. We don’t know who he/she will be, but God knows because He only is omniscient (knows all things actual and potential). “He calls these thing that do not exist as though they did” (Rom. 4:17, NKJV).
c. We don’t know where they live, but God does (Ps. 139:7-10).
d. We don’t know how they will be reached, but God does (could be personal witness, preaching, media, church planting, internet, etc.).
e. We don’t know what motivation causes him/her to be reached. It could be obedience to scripture, natural love for an area or people group, God’s love working in a soul winner, goal motivation, etc.
f. Who will get credit (crown) for reaching Omega man? Many will participate and be rewarded.
(2) those who send preacher (authority),
(3) those who financially support,
(4) those who trained and motivated,
(5) all the team members of an evangelistic program,
(6) all members of body of Christ who pray (1 Cor. 9:25, 1 Thess. 2:19, Phil. 4:1).
g. We don’t know if Omega person will be man or woman, teen or child. Could be elderly person waiting for the message (Luke 2:23-32, 36-38).
3. Scriptures about reaching the Omega man/woman. The Great Commission was given in five parts, in five different times, at five different locations. Each time, Jesus builds on His previous commands and clarifies what we are to do and how to do it.
a. More intensity of effort.
b. More focused location.
c. More results.
4. A primary verse for Omega man is Matt. 24:14, “And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.”
5. Questions about Matt. 24:14.
a. Is the gospel spoken of in Matthew:
(1) Kingdom truth.
(2) The gospel preached by the church today.
(3) The gospel preached in the tribulation.
b. What does the word ethne refer to?
(1) People group.
(2) Language group.
(3) Culture group, i.e., tribe.
(4) Heritage group.
(5) This reference does not refer to political entity as used in contemporary settings, i.e., nations.
c. What did Jesus mean by “The end”?
(1) The rapture of the church.
(2) The Second Coming of Christ in judgment.
(3) The conclusion/end of offering salvation to the world.
(4) The body of Christ is completed/fulfilled.
6. What could “the end” imply?
a. The tribulation begins.
b. The final judgment by Christ begins.
c. Triggers rapture, “The Father says to the Son, ‘Go get My people.’”