Summary: Developing the Character of Christ.
“Rejoice”—means to brag or boast, to get excited!
The Perks of Salvation:
1) We have Peace with God! Vs. 1 “Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God…” (NIV)
We have perfect peace!
2) We have Access to God! Vs. 2 “…through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand.” (NIV)
Once you are in, you are in!
3) We have Hope in Life! Vs. 2b “And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God.” (NIV)
Colossians 3:4 “When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory.” (NIV)
We rejoice in hope because no situation is hopeless!
4) Our Problems take on a new purpose! Vs. 3-4 “Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.” (NIV)
We rejoice in suffering, not because of suffering!
God’s number one purpose in your life is to make you like Jesus!
The Process for Christlike Character:
5) We are given God’s Love through the Holy Spirit. Vs. 5 “And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.” (NIV)
Question: What is the proof of God’s Love?
Jesus did what we could not do!
6) We have Eternal Security! Vs. 9-10
Once you are saved you are always saved!
Eternal Life begins the moment you are saved!
Question: Where does your joy come from?