Summary: Chick-fa-la has an advertising campaign that displays cows holding up signs saying “eat more chicken”. This is cute because the cows are trying to save their own lives by convincing others to “eat more chicken”. If we as Christians expect to be all God
23 Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.
You have an untapped potential in Christ!
· A father brought his son; we have no idea the age of the boy, to Jesus.
· He first encountered the Disciples and they could not help him.
· So now he moves to Jesus. There is a crowd moving toward Jesus.
· The man begins to say to Jesus my son is suicidal, he throws himself in the fire, he’s deaf and dumb.
· He says in verse 22 “Help my unbelief.”
· Jesus answers and says, “If you can just believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.”
· IF you can just believe.
· The “IF” factor.
· Your choice is to respond or not to respond to his purpose.
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
· You can’t be saved unless you believe.
· It doesn’t say anything about works, or tongues, “IF” thou confess, and believe.
· “The life of Christ.”
· All for you, yet without the “IF” factor we can go straight to hell forever. No matter what He did.
· Many people will never see heaven because they did not see the “if” factor.
Then there is the “IF” Factor Failure.
2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
· How many people will die thinking, “If only.”
The “IF” fact.
· It’s not the ability it is the choice. Romans 12
3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.
· Everybody has the ability to believe.
17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
· James 2
26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
Let’s talk about the POWER
· I must believe- to have Faith upon or with respect to a person or thing.
· Mark 1
15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.
· ?? Do you believe the Gospel?
· Belief is a mirror of our behavior.
· Does your life style add up?
· Mark 5
36 As soon as Jesus heard the word that was spoken, he saith unto the ruler of the synagogue, Be not afraid, only believe.
· Mark 11
23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.
· Mark 16
17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
· John 1
12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
· John 7
37 In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.
38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)
· Acts 16
31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
29 Then touched he their eyes, saying, According to your faith be it unto you.
20 And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.