Summary: Power in forgiving
Power of Forgiveness
We’re talking about the forgiveness of God.
Admitting we are in need of God’s forgiveness implies that we have in some way failed. That’s why we need God’s forgiveness, because we’ve all sinned or failed God in one way or another.
What does the Bible say about our sin and what Has God done to deal with our sin?
Church God has made prepared for our sin.
Look at Vs.1 &2
God gives us three words for sin.
1. he says (Transgression) which means –going away form or departing, the act of rebellion against God.
2. he says in vs. 1 whose sin- meaning the coming short of what God intended and defying his authority When we fail according to God’s Law, and are condemned by it.
3. He says in Vs. 2 Iniquity- meaning the corrupt, twisted and crooked.
Twisting God’s grace to fulfill our desires.
But the writer doesn’t stop there with three words he gives us three words for What God does with sin.
1. forgiven – which means he has literally lifted our sins off. That is Burden removing.
2. Covered- the blood on the mercy seat. Ark of the Covenant. The Greek word for Mercy seat is translated. Propitiation.
1 John 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for [the sins of] the whole world.
3. Impute- means that he does not count it against us.
You say pastor I know God has made preparation for my sin but why do I still feel so dead inside?
I want to share with you Four ways to rid your self of condemnation and guilt.
The first. Thing you need to do is
1. Declare your Disappointment’s:
Share your heart with God. Confess your sin and guilt
Not with other people First…
Because we tend to try and manipulate people with our feeling’s
3 ministers who went fishing one day, all friends who pastored different churches in the same town. While they were fishing they began confessing their sins to each other...
The first pastor said, "Do you know what my big sin is? My big sin is drinking. I know it’s wrong, but every Friday night I drive to a city where no one will recognize me and I go to a saloon and get drunk! I know I shouldn’t, but I can’t help it, it’s my big sin." The second pastor said, "Well fellas, to be honest with you, I’ve got a big sin too...my big sin is gambling. As a matter of fact, you know all the money I raised for that mission trip to India? I took it to Las Vegas instead and lost it all! I’m so ashamed, my big sin is gambling." Finally it was the third pastor’s turn. He said, "Guys, I probably should have gone first, because my big sin is GOSSIP--and I can’t keep a secret!"
(((( Are you trying to Get from people, What only God can give you?))))
( Far, to many are hiding from everything: When we confess, we help set our selves Free)
This little statement is really three four-word sentences, which when taken together give you the key for moving forward with your life.
I can’t go back.
I can’t stay here.
I must go forward.
Forgiveness is God’s means of letting go of the past and moving forward with God.