Summary: The secret of success, victory and unusual exploits that the anointed servants of God achieve in life, is in the fact that God’s presence is always with them.
THE POWER OF GOD’S PRESENCE
Study Text: Exodus 33: 12 – 16
- There is nothing as magnificent or glorious as a child of God carrying the presence of God with them wherever they go.
- The secret of success, victory and unusual exploits that the anointed servants of God achieve in life, is in the fact that God’s presence is always with them.
- Do you want to overcome great problems? Do you want to fulfil your divine destiny? You need the power of His presence.
- When the presence of God envelopes you, people will say yes to you even when they intended to say no. It’s like an aura you carry about with you.
- Satan cannot give divine presence. It is more costly than gold. The people mourned when God’s presence left them. It is a calamity and a tragedy when a Christian does not carry the presence of God.
- God’s manifest presence is the key to your undeniable breakthrough without which it can never be possible. It is impossible to operate in the supernatural without divine presence.
- Having the presence of God with us is worth more than riches or fame or power. We can go anywhere when the presence of God is with us.
- A sleep is dangerous when the presence of God is absent. In the presence of God, there is fullness of joy but out of His presence, there is frustration, multiple demons, discouragement sorrow, fear, sickness, sin, suicide, distress, etc.
- The question I would like to ask us is this: Do we have the presence of God with us? Or have we lost His presence? More than anything else in your life, ensure that you have His presence with you always.
- Psalm 51:11: Cast me not away from thy presence, and take not thy Holy Spirit from me. This is a powerful prayer. We need to have the presence of the Lord in our lives; it is a wonderful experience. It is essential in our everyday life.
- We shall discuss the topic under three sub-headings:
1. The Conditions for God’s Presence
2. The Characteristics of God’s Presence
3. The Capacity of God’s Presence
1. The Conditions for God’s Presence
1. Holiness (Seeking after God and His righteousness): Isa 59:1
- The sacrifice of Jesus for our redemption is a complete work and there is nothing we can add or remove from it. However we need to continue to pursue or press forward for righteousness diligently to stay in His blessings. (Matt 6:33, 1Tim 6:11, 2tim2:22).
- Which means we are to stand upon the imputed righteousness and do righteousness (1Jn 2:29, 1Jn 3:7) I.e. to live by it.
- (1Jn 3:10) if you are not living in righteousness you are not His child and therefore cannot experience His presence
2. Praise Ps 22: 3, Ps 100: 1-4, Mal 2:1-3
- This is the trigger that turns on the manifest presence of God 2Chro 20:15-24
- Paul & Silas Act 16:25 also disgraced prison obstacle trough the weapon of praise.
3. Word presence (John 1:1, 1King 8:9- 11) Word soaked environment 1king 8:9
- God and His word are the same and cannot be separated, the more word filled your heart is the more of His glory that you reflect.
- That is why we need to diligently seek Him and study and meditate on the word of God.
- It is not just the quoting of the word but the dimension of revelation of the truth or Light that floods your heart and that you live by.
4. Sacrifice 1King 3:3 – 15
- Solomon triggered an undeniable presence of God leading to undeniable encounter with God and He gave him not only what he wanted but all he needed.
5. Love for God (honouring) 1King 3:3, Jn 14:23 – 24
- Everybody naturally wants to be where he is loved and honoured, as we love, honour and celebrate God, His presence is announced in our lives and situations in an undeniable way.
6. Obedience: Ps 40:6 – 11
- No matter the sacrifice you give and your prayers it will not make a difference if you live in rebellion and walk out of God’s will.
And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us (1Jn 5:14 KJV)
- Remember God and His will or His word will never change, in order to enjoy His backing for anything we have to align with His plan and purpose first.
There are many devices in a man’s heart; nevertheless the counsel of the LORD, that shall stand. Proverbs 19:21 (KJV)
7. Healthy Personal Fellowship
- Do not joke with your quiet time. You must plan to have a quiet time with the Lord daily and regularly, it is the time when you will pray meaningfully, study and memorise the word of God diligently.