Summary: 1. Your thumb is nearest to you. So begin your prayers by praying for those closest to you. They are the easiest to ones to remember. To pray for our loved ones is, as C.S. Lewis once said, a "sweet duty." 2. The next finger is the pointing finger. Pra
¡§The Power Of Prayer¡¨
James 5:16-18 (NIV) 16Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.17Elijah was a man just like us. He prayed earnestly that it would not rain, and it did not rain on the land for three and a half years. 18Again he prayed, and the heavens gave rain, and the earth produced its crops.
THE "OUR FATHER" PRAYER:
Do I Really Mean What I Pray?
Mother Teresa of Calcutta once said, "Praying the Our Father and living
it will lead us toward saintliness. The Our Father contains everything:
God, ourselves, our neighbors...."
Examine how well you live what you pray as you meditate on the
I cannot say OUR if I keep my faith only to myself and never share it
I cannot say FATHER if I do not trust in His loving and complete
concern for me, forgetting that He always answers prayers how and when
He knows is best.
I cannot say WHO ART IN HEAVEN if I am so attached to the ways of this
world that I neglect to seek God first in everything.
I cannot say HALLOWED BE THY NAME if I am unwilling to let His
holiness penetrate my life and help me grow in my own holiness.
I cannot say THY KINGDOM COME if I am not using my life to bring His
love into the world.
I cannot say THY WILL BE DONE if I live by my own ideas of morality or
choose to follow the world’s standards.
I cannot say ON EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN if I am not devoting my life
to serving Him here on earth.
I cannot say GIVE US THIS DAY OUR DAILY BREAD if I am not willing to
be generous with whatever God gives me.
I cannot say FORGIVE US OUR TRESPASSES if I don’t want to put forth
enough effort to change.
I cannot say AS WE FORGIVE THOSE WHO TRESPASS AGAINST US if I still
hold a grudge, if I’m still angry, or if I still insist that other
I cannot say LEAD US NOT INTO TEMPTATION if I deliberately or
knowingly place myself in a position to be tempted.
I cannot say DELIVER US FROM EVIL if I’m not actively fighting against
evil through deeds of love and service for everyone in my life,
especially those who cause problems.
-- Author Unknown
Our prayers do not mean a thing without faith that they will be answered.
The power of prayer is
I. Dependent upon our Faith:
1. Matt. 21:21-22 (NIV) 21Jesus replied, ¡§I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, ¡¥Go, throw yourself into the sea,¡¦ and it will be done. 22If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.¡¨
2. If you have faith and do not doubt you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.
3. All we have to do is believe, we have faith for other things.
4. Faith that every time we turn the light on, that it will work.
5. We believe that the world is round without to much trouble even though we¡¦ve never seen it from space with our own eyes.
6. We believe that there are billions of other galaxies out in space even though we¡¦ve never seen them either.