Summary: For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds.
We teach the power of pressing and pushing you way through.
But today we are going to teach about the POWER OF THE PULL!
My Breakthrough , Help, Healing , deliverance, increase is in the POWER OF THE PULL
• For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal (of this world). Can’t even use hand combat or boxing techniques . Tanks, Guns, Nuclear Missiles, most sophisticated weaponry is incapable of even nicking our enemies.
Not Carnal But Mighty through God!!
In other words don’t underestimate or confuse the true impact and effectiveness. Power and Strength!
• To the pulling down of strongholds.
Described in verse 5
Imaginations, and every high thing
that exalts itself against the knowledge of God,
• The purpose of Boot Camp is reforming. Conditioning the body and mind to perform under fire and deadly situations.
• Basic training has changed over the years as tactics of war have changed.
• Drilling trains the recruit to act unhesitatingly in the face of real combat situations.
• Modern militaries have learned that a service member often must make critical decisions on behalf of team and nation.
• Drill also enables the modern infantry soldier to maintain proper position relative to his peers and thereby maintain the shape of his or her formation while moving over uneven terrain or in the dark of night.
• Some aspects of basic training are psychological:
• The reason is recruits who cannot reliably follow orders and instructions in routine activities will likely be unreliable in a combat situation disobeying given orders or fleeing putting themselves and comrades and mission in jeopardy. (MIA) Backsliders
10) Be strong in the Lord & his mighty power.
11) Put on the full armor of God so that you can stand against the enemy schemes .
12) Why? Because our battle is not against flesh & blood but against principalities , powers, rulers of darkness of this age. Spiritual hosts of evil in heavenly realms.
13) Put on the full armor of God so that when the day of evil comes you will be able to stand your ground.
When you feel like you can’t take 1 more day.
Pain beyond comprehension
Just like any soldier we have been instructed to get belts, hats, boots and orders to pickup their uniform .
Verses 13-16 describes defensive tactics
1. The belt of truth buckled around your waist(verse 14). This refers to our minds. Peter said, “Gird up the loins of your mind” (1 Peter 1:13 ). Fill your mind with the Word of God.
2. Breastplate of righteousness (verse 14). The breastplate covers the vital organs and speaks of the heart. The breastplate of righteousness fortifies your heart against the enemy’s attack.
• God’s Word to influence your mind and touch your heart. (Spirit of Forgiveness ) Heart of Christ . Broken Heart equates a Broken Spirit.
3. Preparation that comes from the gospel of peace (verse 15). The Word of God must affect your walk, & your life. This happens as the Word fills your mind, touches your heart, and is manifested, or seen, in your walk. It all begins with your mind. You begin to read and hear the Word, and it begins to influence and fill your heart with truth. This affects your actions and daily life.
4. Your shield of faith (verse 16). Faith equals power, when faith is joined the Word in your mind, heart, and life, you can block the enemy and his fiery darts.
5. Your helmet of salvation (verse 17). Once the truth enters your mind, touches your heart, and is manifested in your actions, it becomes who you are . Helmet is related to salvation which indicates that Satan’s blows are directed at the believer’s security and assurance in Christ.
-His love for you
-His concern for you
-Your rights and benefits as a believer.
6. The military, going outside without a head covering is unheard of. Recruits are brainwashed to believe it is unacceptable to go out without head gear. If your head was not covered in wartime, the enemy could easily detect you from above and target you for attack. This is why the caps and helmets were made to fit in with the scenery so that enemy forces flying above could not identify us. (Expound )
17-18 describes offensive tactics. -Our Weapons
All the armor up to this point has served a defensive purpose, intended for use in facing the enemy.
7. Your sword of the Spirit (verse 17). The sword of the Spirit is the Word of God, and it is intended to be used as an offensive weapon against the enemy.
• In three consecutive instances, Jesus Christ Himself used the Word of God as He resisted Satan’s temptation, repeatedly saying, “It is written” (Matthew 4:4 , 6-7 ).