Intro: What is the manifestation of the Spirit? The Greek word translated "manifestation" means to display, to show a demonstration, to give evidence.
TEV "The Spirit's presence is shown in some way in each one, for the good of all."
Living Bible "The Holy Spirit displays God's power through each of us as a means of helping the entire church."
NEB "In each of us the Spirit is manifested in one particular way, for some useful purpose."
GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT WANTS TO GIVE YOU A SUPERNATURAL MANIFESTATION! THIS IS THE POWER THAT WILL WORK IN YOU TO GET YOUR PRAYERS ANSWERED AND GIVE YOU VICTORY IN EVERY AREA OF YOUR LIFE!
I. WHAT IS THIS MANIFESTATION OF THE SPIRIT GIVEN TO EVERY BELIEVER? First of all…
1. The purpose of this experience, which follows salvation, is to give every Christian the power to be an effective witness for Christ to win the lost. Acts 1:8.
2. Paul, after his Baptism in the Holy Spirit testified in Rom.15:19, "Through mighty signs and wonders, by the power of the Spirit of God; so that from Jerusalem, and round about unto Illyricum, I have fully preached the gospel of Christ."
3. Thus, God wants every Christian to be filled with the Spirit, He wants every Christian to speak in other tongues, and He wants every Christian to be a powerful witness. This is why He gives the manifestation of the Spirit-that we might win the lost!
4. Praying in the Spirit, according to Rom. 8:26-28, brings a good answer to every prayer.
Secondly, the manifestation of the Spirit in our lives is…
B. The way we worship "in the Spirit."
1. True worship is when we worship the Lord by the Spirit's prompting John 4:23-24.
2. The manifestation of the Spirit is the physical demonstration unique to each one us whereby the Holy Spirit helps us to glorify Christ in our worship. John 16:14, "Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come…He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
3. When Pentecostal people completely yield to the Spirit during a worship service, powerful things take place.
4. The manifestation of the Spirit is the way the Holy Spirit displays and we express God's Power in us. What do you do when you are wholly deluged in the power of God? David danced, The lame man leaped, John fell as dead, etc.
5. When we fail to obey the Spirit's prompting us to worship, our services will be lifeless, dead, boring, and powerless. But, when we all let God have His way… miracles will take place!
Thirdly, the manifestation of the Spirit is…
C. The special anointing that comes for that particular task where we are at our best for God.
1. 1 Cor. 2:1-5. This is more than training or talent! Paul had education far beyond his peers. But he never depended on it. He depended on the manifestation of the Spirit.
2. We all do many things in service to the Master. But everyone of us have particular callings and gifts that bring the manifestation of the Spirit when we allow God to use us in that specific area.
II. WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU DON'T ALLOW THE MANIFESTATION OF THE SPIRIT TO OPERATE IN YOUR LIFE?
A. I Thess. 5:19, You quench the Spirit. This verse is also translated, "Never try to suppress the Holy Spirit," "Do not put out the Spirit's fire," "Do not stifle inspiration," "Do not restrain the Holy Spirit."
B. We will not get the end result of the manifestation of the Spirit:
1. We will not receive the Holy Spirit in all of His fullness.
2. We will not be a witness and someone will go to hell. (Philip and the eunuch - Acts 8)
3. We will not live in victory. (Praise and worship brings victory).
4. We do not lose our gift or calling, but we become stale and boring. We will burn out. We may even backslide. Then, that manifestation haunts us. Jay B. Oaks tells of a man….
III. HOW CAN YOU RECEIVE OR RESTORE THE MANIFESTATION OF THE SPIRIT IN YOUR LIFE?
A. I Timothy 4:14. Quit ignoring or neglecting the promptings of the Holy Spirit.
B. II Timothy 1:6-14. Do just the opposite of "quenching the Spirit." GET STIRRED UP. The power will work in you if you work with the Power!
Conclusion: Christian, you have a manifestation of the Spirit. You have an anointing. What are you doing with it?