Intro: What is the manifestation of the Spirit? The Greek word translated "manifestation" means to display, to show a demonstration, to give evidence.
TEV "The Spirit's presence is shown in some way in each one, for the good of all."
Living Bible "The Holy Spirit displays God's power through each of us as a means of helping the entire church."
NEB "In each of us the Spirit is manifested in one particular way, for some useful purpose."
GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT WANTS TO GIVE YOU A SUPERNATURAL MANIFESTATION! THIS IS THE POWER THAT WILL WORK IN YOU TO GET YOUR PRAYERS ANSWERED AND GIVE YOU VICTORY IN EVERY AREA OF YOUR LIFE!
I. WHAT IS THIS MANIFESTATION OF THE SPIRIT GIVEN TO EVERY BELIEVER? First of all…
A. It is speaking in other tongues. The evidence or manifestation of the Baptism in the Holy Spirit-given to every Spirit-filled believer. Mark 16:17; Acts 2:4, 39, 10:44-46; 19:6.
1. The purpose of this experience, which follows salvation, is to give every Christian the power to be an effective witness for Christ to win the lost. Acts 1:8.
2. Paul, after his Baptism in the Holy Spirit testified in Rom.15:19, "Through mighty signs and wonders, by the power of the Spirit of God; so that from Jerusalem, and round about unto Illyricum, I have fully preached the gospel of Christ."
3. Thus, God wants every Christian to be filled with the Spirit, He wants every Christian to speak in other tongues, and He wants every Christian to be a powerful witness. This is why He gives the manifestation of the Spirit-that we might win the lost!
4. Praying in the Spirit, according to Rom. 8:26-28, brings a good answer to every prayer.
Secondly, the manifestation of the Spirit in our lives is…
B. The way we worship "in the Spirit."
1. True worship is when we worship the Lord by the Spirit's prompting John 4:23-24.
2. The manifestation of the Spirit is the physical demonstration unique to each one us whereby the Holy Spirit helps us to glorify Christ in our worship. John 16:14, "Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come…He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
3. When Pentecostal people completely yield to the Spirit during a worship service, powerful things take place.
4. The manifestation of the Spirit is the way the Holy Spirit displays and we express God's Power in us. What do you do when you are wholly deluged in the power of God? David danced, The lame man leaped, John fell as dead, etc.
5. When we fail to obey the Spirit's prompting us to worship, our services will be lifeless, dead, boring, and powerless. But, when we all let God have His way… miracles will take place!
Thirdly, the manifestation of the Spirit is…
C. The special anointing that comes for that particular task where we are at our best for God.
1. 1 Cor. 2:1-5. This is more than training or talent! Paul had education far beyond his peers. But he never depended on it. He depended on the manifestation of the Spirit.
2. We all do many things in service to the Master. But everyone of us have particular callings and gifts that bring the manifestation of the Spirit when we allow God to use us in that specific area.