Summary: This is a devotional written for our church newsletter about the power we find in the love of Jesus
The Powerful Love of Jesus
The love of Christ is so absolute and so powerful that there is absolutely nothing in the entire universe that can separate you from that love. When Paul tells the Roman church nothing he means nothing.
· Not death: When you confront the reality of death understand that it cannot and will not ever be able to separate you from the love of Christ.
· Not life: There is no difficulty, no trial, no pressure, no threat than can separate you from the love that Christ has for you
· Not angels, nor demons: There is no heavenly or spiritual being that has the power to take the love of Jesus away from you. It cannot be done.
· Not the present or future: There is no event that will happen today or any other day that can separate you from the love of Christ
· Not height or depth: There is no distance that can ever be achieved that can ever separate you from the love of Christ.
· Not anything else: There is absolutely nothing in all of creation that can ever separate you from the love of Christ.
Paul shows that there is nothing that can separate you from the love that Jesus has for you. There is nothing that can take the completion you find in the love of Jesus away from you. There is nothing that can take the love that secured salvation away from you. The simple truth is that you cannot earn the love of Jesus and you cannot lose the love of Jesus.
All of these benefits that flow from the love that only Christ can give you are based on one condition, you have to choose to walk within them. You can walk away from the love of Jesus.
I can see it on your faces you would never walk away from the love of Christ. The sad truth is that we do it every day and sometimes without knowing it.
· Each day that you choose not to pray is a day that you take another step away from the love of Christ
· Each day that you harbor bitterness or resentment toward another person is a day that you step away from the love of Christ
· Each day that you say something less than kind about another person or to another person is a day that you take another step away from the love of Christ
So what do you do to step back?
When I was a substitute teaching for fifth grade science last year; we did a really cool experiment with magnets. The purpose of the experiment was to show how magnets either attract to each other or repel from each other. When the opposite ends of the magnets were placed close to each other there was a great attraction and the magnets were drawn together.
The love of Jesus works like the opposite ends of the magnets; it draws us closer and closer to Him. Jesus is divine you are human and He wants to draw you close.
I think that the deepest desire of the Christian is to be drawn closer and closer to Jesus but far too often we fail to find that kind of intimacy with Him. Why? I think we draw back when He draws close and we miss the magnetic moments of His divine love.
Is Jesus the desire of your life today? Do you want more of Him? Maybe you just need to bask in the light of His love.