Summary: • For the past nine weeks we have looked at practical living steps that we should implement on a daily basis. • We have looked at avoiding offenses, trust & faith in God; we looked at the quality of life, covetousness, authenticity, living stress free, b
• For the past nine weeks we have looked at practical living steps that we should implement on a daily basis.
• We have looked at avoiding offenses, trust & faith in God; we looked at the quality of life, covetousness, authenticity, living stress free, boundaries, overcoming the battles of life and being faithful in attending church.
• This week we will examine changing our metal net worth.
• We must renew our mind to change our life. The treasure that is in your heart will be reflected in your life.
• If you want to change outward manifestations, change what is in your heart. Only the Word has the power to go deep into your spirit and root out the bad treasure you have stored.
• You have the power to choose the type of life you live. Don't run from change; change yourself.
• Let us look at the Word and deposit this life principle into our spirit man this morning.
(NKJV) Romans 12 1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God. 3 For I say, through the grace given to me, to everyone who is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think soberly, as God has dealt to each one a measure of faith.
1) Renewing your mind is the key to changing your life.
a) Shout…I will take the time to renew my mind daily.
b) Renewing the mind is a process that takes time. It is done daily.
c) When you renew your mind, you prove what is the good, acceptable and perfect will of God for your life.
d) If your thinking doesn't line up with the Word of God, it is wrong.
e) The Word must be your final authority. Don’t look to another source.
2) Whatever is wrong in your life is a reflection of what is in your heart.
a) If you have good things (treasure) in your heart, good will come out; however, if bad treasure is in your heart, bad things will come out.
(NKJV) Matthew 12 35 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good things, and an evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth evil things.
b) You must always deal with the root issues in your heart and mind.
c) The Word is the only thing that has the power to go deep into your spirit and root out bad treasure.
(NKJV) Hebrews 4 12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
i) Change won't take place without the Word affecting the deepest parts of you.
ii) You can't just cut off the fruit without digging up the root. If the root is not removed, the fruit will grow back.
3) Your mind controls your decisions and choices.
a) Family, finances and relationships are all areas where you must make decisions.