Summary: • For the past seven weeks we have looked at practical living steps that we should implement on a daily basis. • We have looked at avoiding offenses, trust & faith in God; we looked at the quality of life, covetousness, authenticity, living stress free a
• For the past seven weeks we have looked at practical living steps that we should implement on a daily basis.
• We have looked at avoiding offenses, trust & faith in God; we looked at the quality of life, covetousness, authenticity, living stress free and boundaries.
• This week I want to continue on with our series and look at overcoming the battles of life.
• One thing in life is certain, trials and tribulation will come.
o However, Christians have the victory.
o God's Word is powerful and will surely come to pass. Whenever adversity comes declare the Word of God.
• God has called all of us to be over comers through Christ.
• Let us look at the Word this morning and see how we can overcome the battles of life and walk in our victory.
(AMP) John 16 33I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have [perfect] peace and confidence. In the world you have tribulation and trials and distress and frustration; but be of good cheer [take courage; be confident, certain, undaunted]! For I have overcome the world. [I have deprived it of power to harm you and have conquered it for you.]
1) You will have tribulation, but Jesus has overcome the world.
a) Shout…I am an overcomer through Christ Jesus.
b) Shout…I may have some tribulation, but I will overcome.
c) The good news is that you have Jesus.
i) We have to renew our mind with the Word; have the mind of Christ. We must do this daily!!!
ii) Even when we are going through trials, remain confident in the Word. Know that the Word works every time!!!
iii) Satan wants to steal your confidence. Don’t allow him to do it.
d) When fiery trials come, don't think it's strange or unusual.
(NKJV) 1 Peter 4 12 Beloved, do not think it strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened to you;
e) Never doubt God's love for you.
f) Your victory and triumph is guaranteed.
g) Shout…My victory is guaranteed.
(NKJV) 2 Corinthians 2 14 Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and through us diffuses the fragrance of His knowledge in every place.
i) When you come through your trials victoriously, you can stand as a trophy for God.
ii) Learn to thank God for your victory-even before you see it.
(1) See yourself victorious. You will overcome every battle in life.
h) Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers from them all.
(NKJV) Psalm 34 10 The young lions lack and suffer hunger; But those who seek the LORD shall not lack any good thing.
i) God's Word is backed by the blood of Jesus.
ii) What's on the inside of you determines your victory.
iii) When the Word is on the inside of us, victory is ours.
(1) The Word is all you need.
2) Be strengthened through your relationship with Jesus.
(NKJV) Ephesians 6 10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.
a) Shout…My strength comes from the Lord.
b) Meditate on His Word and it will give you strength.
i) Your faith acts as a shield against Satan's fiery darts.
c) Better is the end of a thing than the beginning of it.
(NKJV) Ecclesiastes 7 8 The end of a thing is better than its beginning; The patient in spirit is better than the proud in spirit.
i) It is better to be patient than to be proud.
ii) Pray and remain under God's covering.
iii) Don't let your expectations be cut off. Wake up and expect to receive from Jesus every day.
3) Declare the end from the beginning.
(NKJV) Isaiah 46 10 Declaring the end from the beginning, And from ancient times things that are not yet done, Saying, ‘My counsel shall stand, And I will do all My pleasure,’
a) In the midst of darkness, God said, "Let there be light."
i) He spoke what He wanted to manifest.
ii) You have to display your faith, despite the circumstances.
iii) Declare what you want to see manifest in your life.
b) Declare means to stand boldly or to announce by word of mouth.
i) Boldly declare the Word over your circumstances.
ii) What you confess you will possess.
• This week take this practical living step and over come the battles of life.
• You are an over comer. You are a Kings kid.
• You will have tribulation, but Jesus has overcome the world.
• Even when we are going through trials, remain confident in the Word. Know that the Word works every time!!!
• Stand firm and know that Jesus has you covered.