Summary: • For the past two weeks we have looked at some practical steps for living. • We discussed avoiding offenses. As one of the 1st steps in living a Godly life is to avoid offenses. • When we experience offense, we must 1st pray. Offense is a blessing
• For the past two weeks we have looked at some practical steps for living.
• We discussed avoiding offenses. As one of the 1st steps in living a Godly life is to avoid offenses.
• When we experience offense, we must 1st pray. Offense is a blessing blocker and the devil uses it to distract us from the work of God.
• When you take offense you choose not to walk in love.
• Last week examined faith verse trust.
• Faith is confidence in the Word of God. Trust is a commitment to the Word of God.
• We seen the benefits of trusting God and having faith in our life.
• This week we will continue with the quality of life.
• God cares about our happiness, and He really wants us to enjoy life.
• We should not only be focused on quantity but also quality in life.
• Jesus is interested in being involved and showing up in our lives.
• Let us look to the Word of God and see another practical step in living our life.
(AMP) John 10 10The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows).
1) Have a life and have it more abundantly.
a) Shout…I have abundant life because Jesus died for me!
b) Shout…I choose the quality of my life. It is my decision.
c) The abundant life describes the abundance of quality in all areas of life.
i) Abundant life is just not finances. It is life in general. Having friends and being happy during difficult times.
ii) We can choose to be happy; the Apostle Paul thought himself happy.
iii) We are happy when we discover what to do in seemingly impossible situations. That is the benefit of Godly wisdom.
(NKJV) Proverbs 3 13 Happy is the man who finds wisdom, And the man who gains understanding;
iv) The word blessed is defined in The Amplified Bible as “happy, spiritually prosperous, joyous, and enviable.”
(1) How many of us are blessed? Is your soul prospering? What does the quality of your life look like today?
d) Blessed are the pure in heart; they will see God.
(AMP) Matthew 5 8Blessed (happy, enviably fortunate, and spiritually prosperous--possessing the happiness produced by the experience of God's favor and especially conditioned by the revelation of His grace, regardless of their outward conditions) are the pure in heart, for they shall see God!
e) In the Old Testament, happiness is the state of being relieved.
f) In the New Testament, happiness is the state of the Christian who has fullness in God.
i) It is to be well off, supremely blessed, and fully satisfied.
ii) Our Heavenly Father wants us to be fully satisfied and joyous despite our circumstances.
2) The Queen of Sheba’s experience with the quality of life.
a) Shout…My quality of life depends on the wisdom of God I have in my life.
(NKJV) 2 Chronicles 9 1 Now when the queen of Sheba heard of the fame of Solomon, she came to Jerusalem to test Solomon with hard questions, having a very great retinue, camels that bore spices, gold in abundance, and precious stones; and when she came to Solomon, she spoke with him about all that was in her heart. 2 So Solomon answered all her questions; there was nothing so difficult for Solomon that he could not explain it to her. 3 And when the queen of Sheba had seen the wisdom of Solomon, the house that he had built, 4 the food on his table, the seating of his servants, the service of his waiters and their apparel, his cupbearers and their apparel, and his entryway by which he went up to the house of the LORD, there was no more spirit in her. 5 Then she said to the king: “It was a true report which I heard in my own land about your words and your wisdom. 6 However I did not believe their words until I came and saw with my own eyes; and indeed the half of the greatness of your wisdom was not told me. You exceed the fame of which I heard. 7 Happy are your men and happy are these your servants, who stand continually before you and hear your wisdom!
b) People who do not know God will see the Believer’s quality of life and be impressed.
i) How is your quality of life? Is it a witness to unbelievers?
ii) God wants us to be happy and enjoy life.
iii) Hint…. Jesus enjoyed life!
iv) Consider the fact that laughter is good for our health. That is why I laugh when I preach because it is good for my health.