Summary: We need to Keep praying in such a way, That God will continue to show His miracles and wonders through us.
The Praying Church
• Last week we saw that God gave the apostles the power to perform miracles.
• And one of the examples that Peter and John performed
• Was the healing of a crippled beggar.
• And because of this healing / This miracle
• It drew the attention of the crowd.
• And once Peter had the crowds attention
• He took the opportunity to preach Jesus and forgiveness of sin in Jesus’ Name.
• The result was that At least 5000 men were saved (4:4).
• Now the priests and religious leaders weren’t happy about this
• They weren’t happy that Peter was preaching Jesus and His resurrection.
• So They locked them up for one night.
• The next morning, these priests and leaders got together in the Sanhedrin court
• And they threatened Peter and John
• And told them not to speak in the name of Jesus any more.
• When they were released,
• They went back to the church and told everyone what had happened.
• And the result was almost instantaneous.
• Ac 4:24 Then all the believers were united as they lifted their voices in prayer
This is what we need to learn to do,
• That Every time that we gather to worship and pray
• We need to raise our voices together in prayer.
• I don’t think anyone will argue the fact that There’s power in prayer.
• But There is even more power when we pray together.
We see hear that they all prayed to God
• And we see in Ac 4:28 that In fact, everything they did occurred according to your eternal will and plan.
• This is amazing.
• They trusted Completely That God knew what was best!
• This crisis didn’t dampen their spirit.
• They believe that the God
• The One who “made the heaven and the earth and the sea, and everything in them is still running the show.
• This wasn’t a tense moment.
• There wasn’t any anxiety or fear
• Instead, we see that it was a time of worship and prayer.
They went on to pray for Boldness to preach
Ac 4:29 And now, OLord, hear their threats, and give your servants great boldness in their preaching. Ac 4:30 Send your healing power; may miraculous signs and wonders be done through the name of your holy servant Jesus.” Help us “speak Your Word with great boldness.”
• Now I can expect them to pray for a change in the environment,
• Or maybe to remove the problem.
• Like Make it easier for us to preach, Lord.’
• But instead, they pray for boldness to preach on in the difficult circumstance.
This show the heart of a true servant of God
• And what we can learn from this is that
• If we are servants, then we’re here to serve
• And we’re not here to do what we want (Elab)
• We’re here to submit to His purpose and fulfill His will.
The way these faithful servants are praying reminds me of a prayer I heard,
A PRAYER OF GOD’S SERVANTS