Summary: THE PREACHING OF THE CROSS IS THE ONLY WAY FOR THE SALVATION OF THE WORLD
THE PREACHING OF THE CROSS IS THE ONLY WAY FOR THE SALVATION OF THE WORLD
1. The only way in which any one can experience the salvation of the soul is to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ. They must believe that Jesus is the Son of God who died on the cross and rose again on the third day and that His blood will cleanse them from all their sins . They must repent of their sins and accept Jesus as their Lord and Master. There is no other way for anyone in the world to be saved.
2. The only way that anyone can believe on Jesus and be saved is for them to hear the gospel. The Lord has given the responsibility to the Church to go into all the world and preach the gospel to every person. The Church is the body of Christ. Without the Church the gospel cannot be preached to every person in the world. God is a Spirit and the only body that He has is the Church. Every believer should be witnessing for Christ and winning souls to the Kingdom of God. There is no other way for God to save the world. Praying for souls to be saved in not enough . Everyone must hear the gospel to be saved.
3. The Early Church has set the example for us . They preached Christ daily in the temple and from house to house. As a result the Lord added souls daily to the Church. Multitudes became believers because the Church was preaching the gospel to every person. The Church must follow the example of the Early church and constantly preach the gospel to everyone to win souls for the Lord.
4. The Lord confirms the preaching of the gospel with signs , wonders and miracles . Whenever the disciples preached the gospel , the sick were healed and evil spirits were cast out . There was a mighty demonstration of the power of God to prove that Jesus is alive and that the gospel is the truth. We must be strong in our faith to experience mighty miracles. Doubt and unbelief will be a hindrance to experiencing the power of God.
Mark 6:1-6 , 53-56
5. Jesus said that the harvest is plenteous , but the labourers are few . There are more people alive today in the world than all the people who have ever died from the beginning of mankind. The Lord wants every believer to win souls for the Lord. The Lord wants us to reap the harvest where others have sown the gospel before us. The harvest will be lost if we delay . The people who are ready to accept Christ will lose interest if nobody shows them the way of salvation. We must pray that the Lord will send someone to share the gospel with those for whose salvation we are burdened. The Lord wants people of every nation and language and kindred to come to heaven.