Summary: This morning I want to discuss the 2nd coming of Jesus. This will be a great day for many Christians and a day of chaos for those left behind. The return of Jesus is mentioned throughout the Bible. The Bible is clear that there is a heaven and a hell, a
· This morning I want to discuss the 2nd coming of Jesus. This will be a great day for many Christians and a day of chaos for those left behind.
· The return of Jesus is mentioned throughout the Bible.
· The Bible is clear that there is a heaven and a hell, and the decisions we make in this life time will determine where we will spend eternity.
· We must think beyond the present and look to the future as we prepare for Jesus’ return and the rapture of the church.
· We must be ready at a moments notice for the return of Jesus.
· We must be found doing the Fathers business.
· Let us look to the Word of God and see what we can expect at the second coming of Jesus.
A. The Four Raptures
1. To clarify, the Bible does not use the word rapture. The Bible speaks of these events as being “caught up”.
2. There has been three raptures have already taken place.
a. Enoch, who walked with God and pleased Him, was the first to go to heaven without dying a physical death.
b. Elijah was the second to be "caught up." His rapture was a public event.
c. The third rapture was that of Jesus Christ our Savior.
3. The next rapture will be that of the church. This will cause great chaos on the earth. It will be an eye opening event for many left behind.
a. Just imagine people throughout the world will disappear in the twinkling of an eye.
B. The return of Jesus as King of Kings and Lord of Lords.
1. Jesus will be seen breaking through the clouds of heaven as He returns, coming in great power and glory.
(NKJV) Matthew 26 64 Jesus said to him, “It is as you said. Nevertheless, I say to you, hereafter you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Power, and coming on the clouds of heaven.”
(NKJV) Luke 21 25 “And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring; 26 men’s hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 27 Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. 28 Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near.”
2. In the second coming, Jesus will appear to those who are looking for Him.
(NKJV) Hebrews 9 28 so Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many. To those who eagerly wait for Him He will appear a second time, apart from sin, for salvation.
3. No one knows the exact day of Jesus’ return; only the Father knows. (Matthew 24:36).
4. Jesus will return at an unexpected hour.
(NKJV) 1Thessalonians 5 2 For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night.
C. Jesus describes the signs of His return and the end of the world.
(NKJV) Matthew 24 1 Then Jesus went out and departed from the temple, and His disciples came up to show Him the buildings of the temple. 2 And Jesus said to them, “Do you not see all these things? Assuredly, I say to you, not one stone shall be left here upon another, that shall not be thrown down.” 3 Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?” 4 And Jesus answered and said to them: “Take heed that no one deceives you. 5 For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many. 6 And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. 7 For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places. 8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.