Summary: A message on the earth’s creation.
INTRO: We know the story of the Creation, as given in Genesis, but do we
really understand it? We live in a time when there is so much controversy concerning the Bible. Scientist’s disclaim the Bible, because they believe the earth to be more than 6,000 years old.
We are caught up in a division between science and the Bible. We need not be, if we will study God’s word, and learn what it really says.
I. THE CREATION.
A. The Bible says that God created the heaven and the earth.
1. God wanted companionship (John 1:1-2).
2. So he created the angels — Sexless beings.
B. The angels had access th the earth (Ezekiel 28:13-15).
1. Satan began to desire to be like God (Isaiah 14:12-15).
2. When Satan said: "I will" sin began.
C. Because of the fall of Satan, the earth became contaminated and
had to be destroyed.
II. THE RECREATION.
A. God now recreates the earth.
1. This time it is to be inhabited (Isaiah 45:18).
2. Recreation was necessary.
B. Time began with the recreation.
1. The new beginning — the first day.
2. Science does not disagree with the bible, in light of these
C. Man’s fall in the recreation.
III. THE UNIQUENESS OF THIS CREATION.
A. Man is born into this world in sin.
1. This does not mean that it is a sin to bring children into
the world, but that man is born a sinner.
2. Because man is born a sinner, he must receive salvation.
B. Man is then RECREATED when he receives salvation.
1. Because of his sinful nature.
2. God recreates man through Christ.