Summary: This sermon examines what it means to have a renewed mind.
Our minds are a battlefield.
- Adam & Eve fought a battle in the mind. (Genesis 3)
- Elijah fought a battle in the mind. (I Kings 19)
- Jesus fought a battle in the mind. (Matthew 4)
We must be continually renewing our minds in order that we might find victory in our thoughts. What does it mean to have a renewed mind. Paul discusses this in Rom. 12:1-2.
1. Our mind must be impacted by a new birth. Paul addresses us as "brothers", indicating they were followers of Jesus Christ.
(See Eph. 4:17-19)
2. Our minds must be impacted by total commitment. Paul instructs us to "present their bodies as a living sacrifice."
3. Our minds must be impacted by spiritual choices. Paul instructs us to "present our bodies." It is as if we are to offer God a gift. Spiritual growth is a choice.
4. Our minds must be impacted by a settled faith. Paul instructs us to rise above the world’s impact. We cannot be pulled between this world and God’s voice.
5. Our minds must be impacted by growth. Paul instructs us to seek a "renewed mind." A renewed mind is a choic.
May we find victory in the battle for our minds.