Summary: Not everyone who knows Jesus really knows Jesus some are still looking for the revelation of Jesus Christ.
13. When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?
14. And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.
15. He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
16. And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
17. And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
Not everyone who knows Jesus really knows Jesus some are still looking for the revelation of Jesus Christ.
Lets better understand this revelation of Jesus Christ
lets first look at Who the Revelation is for.
The bible says in Deuteronomy 29:29
29. The secret things belong unto the Lord our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law.
It is for all man kind some don’t want it because to know Jesus through Revelation means they have to change!
Others receive the Revelation of Jesus Christ like Peter did!
Next let’s look at what this Revelation of Jesus Christ does!
In the book of Ephesians chapter 1 verse’s 17-19 it reads
17. That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:
18. The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,
19. And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,
“the eyes of your understanding being enlightened”
when someone receives the Revelation of Jesus Christ it opens there spiritual eyes of understanding. It gives them the better knowledge of Christ and because of this it helps them know the hope of his calling!
So if your having trouble understanding or recognizing your calling maybe you need to pray for a Revelation Of Jesus Christ so that your spiritual eye’s may be opened and receptive! It also gives us the understanding of God’s Power or abilities. If someone really knows Christ they will fear and respect his abilities as well!
in 1 Peter 1:13 It tells of a special grace saying
13. Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;
here we are told of a measure of grace that is only given to those who receive the Revelation of Jesus Christ. In other words in order to have this grace you must have the Revelation of Jesus Christ.
In Galatians 1:11-12 It says
11. But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.
12. For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.
Although we get ideas for preaching from life experiences and from others ultimately we should receive our preaching and witnessing effectiveness from the Revelation of Jesus Christ.
In 1st Samuel 3;19-21 it reads
19. And Samuel grew, and the Lord was with him, and did let none of his words fall to the ground.
20. And all Israel from Dan even to Beersheba knew that Samuel was established to be a prophet of the Lord.
21. And the Lord appeared again in Shiloh: for the Lord revealed himself to Samuel in Shiloh by the word of the Lord
When Someone Receives the Revelation of Jesus Christ it not long before everyone can tell, they become established or known.
Now that we know who it’s for and what it does let’s learn how to get it!
27. All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.
First the bible says that Jesus himself is the one who gives this Revelation of Jesus Christ
secondly when we read from 1st Samuel 3:19 we read that the Lord Revealed himself by the “Word Of The Lord” or by the Bible if you will! So we need the word in order to receive the Revelation of Jesus Christ.
finaly In the Book of Revelation chapter 1 John tells that
“1. The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John: