2. Everyone is searching, but most people are sad·
3. Money, recreation, drugs, sex, alcohol, addictions·
4. All worldly things are futile attempts at finding happiness.
6. True happiness will never be found on earth until you begin to walk down "Heavenâs road."
7. If you want to walk down "Heavenâs road" - the real road to happiness - I ask you this morning to consider the following suggestions·
I. Put Godâs Kingdom First!
B. The emphasis in our lives should be to glorify God.
C. Jesus said if one desires to be his disciple he should deny himself take up his cross and follow him.
D. We are also told by the Lord to love God with all our heart, soul, strength and mind·
E. If our thoughts and desires are directed at putting His will above all else in our lives, He promises us that He will provide for our needs.
F. We often get caught up in wanting to have things - but God calls us to abandon materialism and to pursue His will.
H. The important thing is not what we have, but what we do with what we have.
II. Let God Lead the Way!
B. Sometimes we allow PRIDE to get in the way of allowing God to lead us.
C. When the Apostles selected another Apostle they prayed and cast lots - they allowed Godâs will - not their own - to be done.
D. If we God will lead the way, we must be willing to communicate.
III. Donât Look Too Far Ahead!
B. Expect Jesus to return - Live as if it will happen today!
C. Remember to do Godâs will daily!
1. I believe if we strive to put Godâs Kingdom first and allow God to lead the way, wherever He leads - we will find the road to eternal happiness.
2. Two Roads diverged·
4. Today, are you standing at the fork in the road.