Summary: Today we are living in pluralistic country that is India. Church is the body of Christ and it has a specific role the play in this pluralistic nation.
The Role of the Church in today's society!
We are living in a age where Christians are being persecuted in many nations.
1. ISIS Islamic state in Iraq and Syria have killed many Christians in Iraq. They are not sparing ladies nor Children. You can see the horrible photo of these on the internet.
2. On 11/8/014 Boko Haram killed nearly 100 people in Gwoza, Nigeria.
3. On 14th April Boko Haram captivated more than 200 Christian ladies till today they are surviving as captives in Nigeria. Recently they have captivated more than 60 women and Children. The government is silent and their relatives are helpless.
3.India is also not far from the persecution. When BJP government came in power the whole nation anticipated the ACHHE DIN but after they came in power the BURE DIN (Bad days) of Christians started. The RSS and other militant groups have already started persecuting Christians in INDIA Christians are being persecuted.
Some recent incidents:
1. This month Hindu groups convert Church into a Mandir, claim that 72 Christians converted to Hinduism
Not just the 72 Valmikis were reconverted into Hindus from Christians at Asroi village, about 25 km from the Aligarh district headquarters but a 7th Day Adventist church was also converted into a Shiv temple, where these Valmikis used to pray, the report said. According to reports, these Valmikis converted to Christianity in 1995 and now they have again embraced Hinduism.
2. Christian arrested in Mandla, Madhya Pradesh
August 22, 2014: According to reports received from Mandla, Madhya Pradesh, a Christian named Rakesh was arrested by the police while he was on his way to a Christian meeting.
3. Rev. Paul on of the Nazarene pastor and his youth members were brutally bitten by the RSS group and also they vandalized the Church in Delhi.
Now as Christian what is our response to this what is our role in this society. I suspect if severe persecution like Iraq and Syria(My friend from Syria) stars in India many Christians will turn away from Christianity.
4. Why I am saying this : FRIDAY, JULY 25, 2014
India is a Hindu nation, I'm a 'Hindu Christian': Goa Deputy Chief Minister
Panaji: In comments that may trigger a controversy, senior BJP leader and Deputy Chief Minister of Goa Francis D'Souza, Friday, said that India is Hindu nation and he considers himself a 'Christian Hindu'. D'Souza made the remark while defending his cabinet colleague Deepak Dhavalikar who said that Prime Minister Narendra Modi could make the country a 'Hindu nation'. "It was always a Hindu nation and will always be a Hindu nation. You don't have to create a Hindu nation," D'Souza said.
"India is a Hindu country. It is Hindustan. All Indians in Hindustan are Hindus, including I - I am a Christian Hindu," D'Souza said.
Illust: AApan sarve SHIV BHAU said the pastor's brother in law.
People have already started to compromising their faith in India. But in midst of this what can we do as Church. Now people are talking about sending Christian representatives to the parliaments. People are going hunger strikes for reservations. These all things are there but today God is reminding us the ROLE OF CHURCH IN TODAY"S SOCIETY! READ Ephesians 3:10 – “To the intent that now the manifold wisdom of God should be made known by the church to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly realm.