Summary: This message is about salvation and salvation is the key to the gate in Heaven.
Todays message will be coming from the book of John, and we will looking at and focusing on the 3rd chapter. In this chapter we are learning about the man named Nicodemus, between the 1st and the 21st verse we see that this is a communication between Nicodemus and Jesus.
1. The first thing you have to notice is when Nicodemus came to Jesus, he came to the son of God at night. Now, why did Nicodemus go to Jesus at night? Nicodemus was wanting to know something very important that only Jesus could tell him the answer to. However he (Nicodemus) being a high official of the time did not want the citizens of the town to know that he was meeting with Jesus, because he was afraid of what the people would say about him or what they may do to him, for meeting with Jesus.
2. Nicodemus wanted to know how he could be born again. Now when Nicodemus is asking this he is asking Jesus how could he be saved. 5 Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. 6 Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. 7 You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You must be born again.’ 8 The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.” (John 3:5-8)
3. As the communication between the two (Jesus and Nicodemus) continues he ( Jesus) tells Nicodemus 16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.
Now what can you and I get out or learn from the Jesus and Nicodemus story found in the book of John.
1. The first thing that we can learn is that we can meet with Jesus any time of the day. We can call on him to meet with him in the morning, afternoon or at night, and Jesus will meet with us. Now that is some great news to know that Jesus is always free to meet with us whenever we need him, and he does not have business hours. This also shows us and brings this statement to our attention: "That we are never alone because Jesus is always there for us.
2. The second thing that we notice is that we can ask Jesus to help us find the way to the kingdom of God. Even if you have gone off track or lost your focus you can ask Jesus to help you find your way back to the kingdom of God. All we have to do is call on the name of Jesus and ask him to help us find our way back to the kingdom of God, and he will do just that, don't worry Jesus won't even judge us for asking for his help to find our way to the kingdom of God.
3. The last major thing that you and I have to notice and realize is that Jesus came to help people find their way to the kingdom of God. The same reason why Jesus was meeting with Nicodemus he will come and meet with you and I. That reason, was to show Nicodemus the way to the kingdom of God, and Jesus is showing people the way to the kingdom of God. The question is, do you want to know how to get into the kingdom of God?