Summary: The penalty for killing an unborn eagle in this country is a fine of up to $5000 and up to five years in prison But,the killing of an unborn baby is not considered a crime at all, as long as the mother approves.
THE SANCTITY OF LIFE
A.Vince Lombardi was one of the most outstanding coaches of
the Green bay Packers. Due to his success each year the winner
of the Super Bowl receives a trophy called the Lombardi Trophy.
Each year Vince would start each summer camp the same way.
He would get h is players together in a locker room and grab a
football, hold it up in the air and say, “Gentlemen, This is a
football.” Then he began his training teaching the basics and
fundamentals of the game of football.
B.The very basic fundamentals of human life begins with Genesis
1.We are a part of God’s eternal plan. Ephesians 2:10
states, “We are God’s workmanship, created in Christ
Jesus to do good works which God prepared in advanced
for us to do.”
2.Notice what God told Jeremiah. “Before I formed you in
the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart;
I appointed you as a prophet to the nations. Jeremiah 1:5
I. OUR PRESENT DAY HOLOCAUST
A. On September 11, 2001 over 3500 lives were extinguished do the bombing of the world trade towers in New York. In that crowd of people there were potential doctors, scientists, preachers, future leader whose lives were taken due to evil terrorists.
B.What did not make the headlines on September 12, 2001, The very next day, was the 4000 lives that were extinguished by what is called pro-choice. It happen again on September 12, 13, 14 etc. Each day since 1973 approximately 4000 unborn babies are aborted each day, 28,000 each week, 112,000 each month, 1,460,000 each year.
1. One September 11, 2001 Terrorist killed over 3500 people,
and the out cry for justice was heard around the world.
There was swift and action as it should be.
2. 4000 unborn babies are being taken every day, but I see no
weeping, no anger, and no outcry for justice.
3. The penalty for killing an unborn eagle in this country
is a fine of up to $5000 and up to five years in prison But,the killing of an unborn baby is not considered a crime at all, as long as the mother approves.
4. One in four women have an abortion and one in ten women
in the church have an abortion.
5. AMERICAN WAR CASUALTIES
REVOLUTIONARY WAR 25,324
CIVIL WAR 498,332
WORLD WAR II 407,316
KOREAN WAR 54,246
VIETNAM WAR 56,655
GULF WAR 293
WAR ON THE UNBORN 31,000,000 since abortion was
legalize in 1973. (6 times the number of casualties in all
the wars combined)
C. Psalms 139: 13-16 “For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mothers womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be”
1. Within 21 days the baby’s backbone, spinal cord, and nervous system are forming. A small heart is present and beating. At one month arms and legs are present. There is a head with rudimentary eyes, ears, mouth, and brain. The digestive system has begun. The baby is still only one-fourth of an inch long, but he is ten thousand times larger than when he began.
2. At 2 months the baby is fully formed. He reacts to stimuli such as tickling. He will try to grasp a tiny instrument with his tiny hand. He "swims" or moves about in the amniotic fluid. He has fingerprints.
By the end of the 3rd month, as one observer notes, "he can kick his legs, turn his feet, curl and fan his toes, makes a fist, move his thumb, bend his wrist, turn his head, squint, frown, open his mouth," swallow, and breathe.
a.The lack of value for life today is the result of godlessness. Many of our universities and schools
have taught our young people that human beings
are nothing more than highly organized,
b.Our children are taught that they are cosmic accidents, nothing more than time + chance + matter. Our society has rejected the belief that HUMANS HAVE INTRINSIC DIGNITY BECAUSE THEY ARE
CREATED IN THE IMAGE OF GOD
1. The Psalmist tells us, “Behold, children are a gift from the Lord.” (Ps.127:3) God is the power behind barrenness, and the power behind conception
2. Listen to Moses’ words in Exodus 4:11: “Who has made man’s mouth? Or who makes him dumb or deaf, or seeing or blind? Is it not I, the Lord?
3. Did you know that you are God’s crowning creation?