Summary: THIS BRINGS US TO A SABBATH REFORM MOVEMENT GOING INTO ALL THE WORLD.
THE SEAL OF GOD
A. THE CAREFUL READER OF THE BOOKS DANIEL AND REVELATION WILL BE IMPRESSED WITH THE PROPHETIC STORY OF THE CONFLICT BETWEEN CHRIST AND SATAN, AS
PORTRAYED IN THESE TWO BOOKS
1. These two books unfold to the reader the story of Satan’s gigantic system of apostasy:
a. Began in the days of the apostles - 2 Thess. 2:1-7; Acts 20:28-30
b. This system is known, to historians, as Dark Ages, and the time when untold millions were destroyed for their faith - Dan. 7:8, 25
c. This same system initiated the crime of the ages, a crime against the law of the Ten Commandments, in particular by the attempted change of the fourth commandment.
(1) Instituting the observance of Sunday, the first day of the week, in place of the seventh day;
(2) Thus Sunday observance became the antagonist to the creation Sabbath.
(3) It became a mark of the opposition to the Bible Sabbath.
2. With this background on our subject, we now direct your attention to the Seal of the Living God:
B. THE SEAL OF GOD
1. Its purpose:
a. To give assurance and security to His persecuted people.
b. This is made clear in comparing Eph. 1:13, 14 with Ezek. 9:4
c. The seal will be the mark God will place upon his loyal subjects in the final conflict between Christ and Satan.
d. It is, also, to give power and authority to His law, which is an expression of His eternal will.
e. Compare Isa. 8:16 with 1 Ki. 21:8; Esth. 8:8; and Rev. 7:1-9
2. What the seal of the living God has:
a. God’s name.
b. His authority or power.
c. The territory of His jurisdiction.
3. The seventh day Sabbath has the seal of the living God:
a. The Creator placed His name into the fourth commandment - Ex. 20:8-11, 24
b. It memorializes the creative power of God - Ex. 20:11; Ps. 111:4; 135:13
c. It states the territory over which God claims the loyalty to the Sabbath of the fourth commandment - Ex. 20:11
d. God made the seventh day Sabbath a sign between His people and Himself - Ex. 31:16, 17; Ezek. 20:12, 20
e. It is a memorial of His creative power - Ex. 20:11; Jer. 10:10-12
C. THIS BRINGS US TO A SABBATH REFORM MOVEMENT GOING INTO ALL THE WORLD
1. It carries the restoration message foretold in Bible prophecy:
a. Read carefully - Isa. 56:1-7; 58:1, 12-14
b. Peter seems to have this reform movement in mind in Acts 3:19-21
2. The Sabbath truth will triumph in all the world because when we get into the new world we will note that the inhabitants of the new world are Sabbath keepers: Isa. 66:22, 23
3. The sealing work has been in progress nearly one hundred years, and it is claiming many converts:
a. Over twenty million Christian Sabbath keepers are to be found all over this world.
b. Over one hundred thousand new Sabbath keepers every year.
4. The people that carry this sealing message are known as:
a. They that have the patience of the saints;
b. That keep the Ten Commandments of God;
c. That have the faith of Jesus - Rev. 12:17; 14:12; 22:14
5. I am humbly grateful to be a part of this blessed movement: