Summary: What is the seed that the sower is sowing? Why is it so important?
1. The seed is the focus of the parable.
a. The seed gives the sower his purpose.
b. The seed is what brings new life.
c. The seed is what has the potential to make life productive.
d. The seed is man’s connection to the Kingdom of God.
2. The seed is God’s Word. Matt. 13:18-23, Luke 8:11.
3. Only God’s Word can bring new life. I Peter 1:23.
4. God’s Word is the focus of Satan’s attacks. Matt. 13:19.
5. The seed is of the utmost value to anyone who cares about God’s kingdom.
6. Tampering with the seed is tampering with God’s kingdom.
7. The seed continues to work in us after we are saved. I John 3:9.