Summary: A Topical sermon on the pollution of your mind,spiritual environment, physical environment, and the church.
The Solution to Pollution
2 Peter 2:18-22
As the earth has aged, one of man’s biggest problems is that of pollution.
Our waterways, air and lands have become polluted in a mighty way.
Scientists and Environmentalists are working frantically to come up with solutions.
This morning I offer a look at the most hazardous pollutant known to man.
It has brought death and destruction to man since the beginning of time. (SIN)
Webster defines pollution as: the action of polluting especially by environmental contamination with man-made waste.
I. Pollution of the Mind and Heart
1Jo:2:16: For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
A. Is Your Mind Polluted by Self-Pride and selfishness?
1. Are you occupying your thoughts, with your needs, instead of the needs of others?
2. Are you putting yourself and your needs before God?
3. What is first in your life?
B. Has your mind become polluted with impure thoughts.
1. Pornography is growing at an unprecedented rate in America today.
2. Bsafe Online-Nine out of 10 children aged between 8 and 16 have viewed pornography on the Internet. Yikes!!!
3. TV and Movies are at the forefront of this rise. (anything that de-values men or women)
4. God expects us to be sacred and set apart. (Sanctified)
5. Is your mind polluted with lusts of the flesh? V18
Psalms:19:14: Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
C. Have You Become Double Minded?
Jas:1:8: A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.
Remember the old western movies where the Indians would always say white man speak with forked tongue?
They were talking about speaking out of two sides of your mouth.
Does your message change with the company you keep?
The gospel message of Jesus Christ is unchanging and should be on our lips at all times.
Do you talk in anity’s - Christianity on Sundays and profanity the rest of the week?
Do you have a Jeckyll and Hyde Christianity?
Are you the good Dr. Jeckyll on Sundays and the evil Mr. Hyde the rest of the week?
You need to get a Jesus and Hide Christianity.
Accept Jesus into your life and hide His words in your heart.
Psalms:119:11: Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.
II. Pollution of Your Spiritual Environment
1. Your spiritual environment is your soul.
2. Every one of us was born into sin. We were born sinners.
3. Sin is our number one problem, we are polluted from at birth with original sin
4. Sin separates us from God.
Ro:3:10: As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
Ro:3:23: For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
Isa:64:6: But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.
By accepting Christ as your personal Lord and Savior you will be cleaned from the inside out.
Jesus is like Tide Laundry detergent; He removes the stains others can’t get out.