Summary: Suffering comes to everyone. In fact there is not one person who can escape the sting and pain of suffering. However, when we understand the possible sources of our suffering, then we are in a position to move ahead in life as we seek God’s purposes.
The Source Of Our Suffering
1. Suffering May Be Caused By the Activity of Satan… Job 1-2
a. Satan desires to destroy us physically.
b. Satan desires to destroy us emotionally.
c. Satan desires to destroy us spiritually.
2. Suffering May Be Caused by the Activity of Ungodly People… Rom. 1:28-32
a. They are backbiters.
b. They are haters of God.
c. They are rude.
d. They are proud.
e. They are perverted.
f. They are disobedient to parents
g. They are promise breakers.
h. They are heartless.
i. They are unmerciful.
j. They are unrepentant.
k. They are encouragers of evil.
3. Suffering May Be Caused by the Activity of the Believer’s Fallen Nature…Rom. 7:14-22
4. Suffering May Be Caused by the Activity of Carnal Christians… Phil. 1:15-16
5. Suffering May Be Caused by the Activity of God… 2 Cor. 12:1-10