Summary: Learn to recognize the Spirit of Judas when it comes for you or your ministry.
Does the Spirit of Judas have its Sights Set on You?
Psalm 41:9 (KJV)
9 Yea, mine own familiar friend, in whom I trusted, which did eat of my bread, hath lifted up his heel against me.
Everyone knows Judas committed the ultimate betrayal, he betrayed Jesus, handing him over to his enemies and effectively causing him to be crucified. We know that was God’s plan all along, but that did not render Judas innocent. Not even a little bit. Judas made that choice of his own free will.
I want to teach you today how to recognize the Spirit of Judas when it shows up in your life, because it will. This message is especially important for anyone in or called to any type of ministry.
Matthew 10:36 (kjv) - And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.
Judas will always show up in your inner circle. It is not uncommon at all for the Spirit of Judas to show up at your work place, among your friends, even in your own household. Your household consists of anyone who lives in your house or who you would let live in your house.
Part of how the Spirit of Judas lands such direct hits is he shows up unexpectedly, and always infiltrates your inner circle as someone there to help you.
One minute he’s there offering all sorts of help to you – offering to mind your finances for you and eating with you and greeting you with a kiss and the next minute there he is betraying vital information about you to a mob of your enemies. And then he collects his gain – as he watches them carry you away to be killed. And off he goes to his next mark.
Beware, especially in these times, of people acting overly helpful. I don’t know if anyone’s told you lately, but there is an enemy who wants to take you out. Judas is only one of many he will assign against you to hinder your progress in the Lord. We are going to have to turn our discernment up on high now, if we are to survive any part of these end times.
Now, more than EVER, We need to know who we can … and cannot trust. So I want to teach you today about the Spirit of Judas and what happens when a person carrying it comes into your life.
Judas true nature wasn’t revealed until the time of the end of Jesus’ life on earth. Just when Jesus has to face his most difficult challenge, just as he is up for spiritual promotion, here comes Judas. Judas always shows up at the time of the end.
Your Judas too will show up when you are up for promotion to a new and IMPORTANT SEASON. And he will act like your friend and offer all manner of help to you, but he’s not there to help YOU. He is there to help HIMSELF. Judas wasn’t traveling with Jesus and his disciples to learn from Jesus or to help them, he was traveling with them to help HIMSELF. You will see Judases show up in the lives of those you love near the time of the end of their lives.
The dictionary defines betrayal as the act of delivering or exposing to an enemy by treachery or disloyalty; to be unfaithful in guarding, maintaining or fulfilling; to violate a confidence by revealing or disclosing in violation of confidence.
True betrayal can only happen where there first was a closeness or intimacy between two people. And that former closeness is exactly what makes betrayal hurt so badly.
Some Traits to Help You Recognize the Judas Spirit
• Judas will ALWAYS show up in your inner circle. He or she will infiltrate your circle to get close to you to plan their attack.
• Judas is a liar and he will lie right to your face. Judas will lie to you about what other people are saying about you and then lie to them saying you are saying this or that about them when you aren’t ... meanwhile you’re walking around wondering why this or that person stopped talking to you. That’s why.
• You can stop their slanderous assault from working by going to the other person and just asking them if they said what Judas claimed they said.
• This spirit loves to pit one side against another. Judas doesn’t care about destroying relationships. He is trying to derive gain from both sides. Judas’s often enjoy strife and confrontation.
• Judas is greedy - He wanted the Treasurer’s position so he could skim the offerings. An article about employee theft on workforce.com says this:
Employees who feel under-compensated or unrecognized for their work sometimes respond by a self-devised “bonus” plan.