Summary: Describes the Spirit of the Antichrist and how it demonstrates itself today
The Spirit of the Antichrist
Primary Purpose: To identify the spirit that is antichrist.
What did the antichrist do?
1. vs.19 They went out from us. This shows that they weren’t really of us.
2. vs.22 Deny that Jesus is the Christ. To deny the Son also denies the
That the antichrist is coming is evidence it is the last hour. Antichrist can
mean “against” Christ and “instead of” Christ.
Because of this it is critical that we know what we believe and why we
The identities of the Spirit of the Antichrist
1. Universalism- denies the uniqueness of Christ. This peson says it doesn’t
matter what you believe because either we will all simply stop existing or
more likely we will all go to heaven somehow. This person cannot accept the
fact that there is a hell or that some will be punished. This person sounds
open minded. They are likely to accuse Christians who claim the uniqueness
of Christ of being close minded or shallow
2. Relativism- denies the absolute truth of the Gospel. To this person the
Bible is simply another book with no authority. This person is likely to not
believe that Jesus is fully God and man.
3. Materialism- the antichrist spirit replaces the search for God with a search
for material things. This person is trying to find peace and happiness in stuff
or other relationships.