Summary: • Last week we discussed some of the first steps that are necessary to obtain true prosperity. o True prosperity is the ability to meet the needs of others at any given time. o The Bible teaches us that we can be successful in every aspect of life. o M
• Last week we discussed some of the first steps that are necessary to obtain true prosperity.
o True prosperity is the ability to meet the needs of others at any given time.
o The Bible teaches us that we can be successful in every aspect of life.
o Money is a tool to get kingdom business done.
o Learning to operate in the kingdom of God, positions us to have true prosperity.
• Now let’s continue on with the steps to true prosperity.
• True prosperity is developed in the love of God. The kingdom of God is a kingdom of love.
• As Believer’s we must develop the character of love in order to prosper in God’s ways.
• Let us look to the Word this week as we learn more about true prosperity – God’s way.
A. All of the laws that govern prosperity hang on the law of love
(NKJV) Matthew 22 37 Jesus said to him, “ ‘You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”
1. We must develop the character of love. We need to take Jesus’ example and work it daily.
2. We must always make decisions that line up with love in order to develop the character of love.
3. When you meet the requirements of love, you become a mature Christian in God's kingdom. We must understand, think and speak love in order to be considered a mature Christian.
B. Kingdom prosperity will always be insulated, protected & shielded by love.
(NKJV) 1 Corinthians 13 11 When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
1. When you lack in being mature in the love of God, you think, speak and act as a child.
2. God is not going to put financial wealth, supernatural power and increase into the life of a selfish person or one that acts like a child. (Inheritance is given at 18 or 21yrs of age)
3. God will not give you more than you can handle. If you are not mature in love, then things will control you.
a. Example: A person that is given great wealth when their love walk is not right, will squander it on selfish and ridiculous things. (Prodigal Son)
b. Like too much alcohol, money is an amplifier of the inner person. If you are immature in love, then your behavior will be of one that is selfish
c. Money is a tool to be used for loving God and people and not to be squandered on selfish lusts.
4. It is “traditional thinking” to believe that God does not want you to be wealthy; however He cannot trust you with wealth if you are selfish.
5. God desires that all Believers be successful in every area of life such as health, relationships, finances and careers.
6. Jesus perfected the character of love. As a result, He became the most prosperous man to ever live. We are joint heirs with Him!
7. We must not seek to be rich, but to seek the one who can give us the riches (God).