Summary: • Last week we discussed some other steps to walk in true prosperity. o All of the laws that govern prosperity hang on the law of love. o We must always make decisions that line up with love to develop the character of love. o God is not going to put
• Last week we discussed some other steps to walk in true prosperity.
o All of the laws that govern prosperity hang on the law of love.
o We must always make decisions that line up with love to develop the character of love.
o God is not going to put financial wealth, supernatural power and increase into the life of a selfish person or one that acts like a child.
o Money is a tool to be used for loving God and people and not to be squandered on selfish lusts.
o Loving God with all your strength, is loving God with your possessions, abilities, anointing, influence, power and money—whatever you have that can make a difference in another person’s life.
• This week will we continue our journey on discovering true prosperity.
• Prosperity includes, but is not limited to just money.
• Believers can experience abundance in every area of their lives.
• Let’s look to the Word of God this morning.
A. True prosperity is found when we maintain a pure heart.
(NKJV) 2 Timothy 2 19 Nevertheless the solid foundation of God stands, having this seal: “The Lord knows those who are His,” and, “Let everyone who names the name of Christ depart from iniquity.” 20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and silver, but also of wood and clay, some for honor and some for dishonor. 21 Therefore if anyone cleanses himself from the latter, he will be a vessel for honor, sanctified and useful for the Master, prepared for every good work.
1. A person's heart is pure when it is free from anything that will defile or corrupt them.
2. To be pure means: to be clean, untainted, wholesome, unadulterated, unpolluted from sin, to be genuine.
3. Purity is the open door to success and life in the miraculous.
a. God's power can only flow through pure vessels.
4. When a man has a pure heart he positions himself for the blessing of God to operate in his life.
(NKJV) Psalm 24 3 Who may ascend into the hill of the LORD? Or who may stand in His holy place? 4 He who has clean hands and a pure heart, Who has not lifted up his soul to an idol, Nor sworn deceitfully. 5 He shall receive blessing from the LORD, And righteousness from the God of his salvation.
5. Only the pure in heart will experience what it means to be blessed.
(AMP) Matthew 5 8 Blessed (happy, enviably fortunate, and spiritually prosperous--possessing the happiness produced by the experience of God's favor and especially conditioned by the revelation of His grace, regardless of their outward conditions) are the pure in heart, for they shall see God!
6. Increase comes as a result of purity.
(NKJV) John 15 2 Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit.
7. The Christian that hopes and desires to be like Jesus will purify his or her life.
(NKJV) 1 John 3 1 Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God! Therefore the world does not know us, because it did not know Him. 2 Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is. 3 And everyone who has this hope in Him purifies himself, just as He is pure.
B. True prosperity comes by meditating in the Word of God.
1. Meditating in the Word is the key to experiencing true prosperity.
2. Meditating is an intense study of the Word that is done by researching, speaking and putting the scriptures into action.
a. Meditation in the Word will cause it to be rooted in your heart.
3. God promised Joshua great prosperity.
(NKJV) Joshua 1 1 After the death of Moses the servant of the LORD, it came to pass that the LORD spoke to Joshua the son of Nun, Moses’ assistant, saying: 2 “Moses My servant is dead. Now therefore, arise, go over this Jordan, you and all this people, to the land which I am giving to them—the children of Israel. 3 Every place that the sole of your foot will tread upon I have given you, as I said to Moses. 4 From the wilderness and this Lebanon as far as the great river, the River Euphrates, all the land of the Hittites, and to the Great Sea toward the going down of the sun, shall be your territory. 5 No man shall be able to stand before you all the days of your life; as I was with Moses, so I will be with you. I will not leave you nor forsake you. 6 Be strong and of good courage, for to this people you shall divide as an inheritance the land which I swore to their fathers to give them. 7 Only be strong and very courageous, that you may observe to do according to all the law which Moses My servant commanded you; do not turn from it to the right hand or to the left, that you may prosper wherever you go. 8 This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.