Summary: • Last week we discussed some other steps to walk in true prosperity. o All of the laws that govern prosperity hang on the law of love. o We must always make decisions that line up with love to develop the character of love. o God is not going to put
• Last week we discussed some other steps to walk in true prosperity.
o All of the laws that govern prosperity hang on the law of love.
o We must always make decisions that line up with love to develop the character of love.
o God is not going to put financial wealth, supernatural power and increase into the life of a selfish person or one that acts like a child.
o Money is a tool to be used for loving God and people and not to be squandered on selfish lusts.
o Loving God with all your strength, is loving God with your possessions, abilities, anointing, influence, power and money—whatever you have that can make a difference in another person’s life.
• This week will we continue our journey on discovering true prosperity.
• Prosperity includes, but is not limited to just money.
• Believers can experience abundance in every area of their lives.
• Let’s look to the Word of God this morning.
A. True prosperity is found when we maintain a pure heart.
(NKJV) 2 Timothy 2 19 Nevertheless the solid foundation of God stands, having this seal: “The Lord knows those who are His,” and, “Let everyone who names the name of Christ depart from iniquity.” 20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and silver, but also of wood and clay, some for honor and some for dishonor. 21 Therefore if anyone cleanses himself from the latter, he will be a vessel for honor, sanctified and useful for the Master, prepared for every good work.
1. A person's heart is pure when it is free from anything that will defile or corrupt them.
2. To be pure means: to be clean, untainted, wholesome, unadulterated, unpolluted from sin, to be genuine.
3. Purity is the open door to success and life in the miraculous.
a. God's power can only flow through pure vessels.
4. When a man has a pure heart he positions himself for the blessing of God to operate in his life.
(NKJV) Psalm 24 3 Who may ascend into the hill of the LORD? Or who may stand in His holy place? 4 He who has clean hands and a pure heart, Who has not lifted up his soul to an idol, Nor sworn deceitfully. 5 He shall receive blessing from the LORD, And righteousness from the God of his salvation.
5. Only the pure in heart will experience what it means to be blessed.
(AMP) Matthew 5 8 Blessed (happy, enviably fortunate, and spiritually prosperous--possessing the happiness produced by the experience of God's favor and especially conditioned by the revelation of His grace, regardless of their outward conditions) are the pure in heart, for they shall see God!
6. Increase comes as a result of purity.
(NKJV) John 15 2 Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit.
7. The Christian that hopes and desires to be like Jesus will purify his or her life.
(NKJV) 1 John 3 1 Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God! Therefore the world does not know us, because it did not know Him. 2 Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is. 3 And everyone who has this hope in Him purifies himself, just as He is pure.