Summary: An Easter message.
THE TEMPLE OF CHRIST’S BODY
INTRO: The entire structure of Christianity rests mainly on two great facts, — the death and the resurrection of Christ. These are the two leading truths of the Gospel, — that Christ died according to the scriptures, and rose according to the scripture. Remove either of the two, and all our hopes of life eternal are wiped away.
Jesus, in speaking of his future often spoke of his death and resurrection.
Today, we will see one of these times that he was speaking of his death and resurrection.
I. THE DESCRIPTION JESUS GIVES OF HIMSELF.
A. This temple.
1. The temple of His body.
2. Our bodies are the temple of Christ.
B. In it’s Divine Construction.
1. God made the tabernacle and our bodies.
2. Jesus’ body was without spot or blemish.
C. In it’s special design and use.
1. The temple was the dwelling place of God.
2. Ours is to be the same.
II. THE PREDICTION JESUS GAVE CONCERNING IT.
A. Destroy the temple and I will raise it.
1. Jesus knew he was to die.
2. Our earthly bodies are to be destroyed.
B. By His Own Power He Arose.
1. Before, God had used prophets to raise several from the
2. Jesus had raised people also.
3. No one had ever raised himself.
C. The identical body.
1. I will raise "it" up.
2. Proven by the exhibition of his hands.
D. The time is specified.
1. In three days.
2. He arose on the third day.
3. No conflict in the Scriptures that Jesus died on Friday and
arose on Sunday.
CONC: Our own bodies, like Christ’s, will be destroyed some day. But, like his ours will be raised also. We won’t be raised up to walk upon this earth again, as he did, but we will be raised up to be with him in the rapture of His church.