Summary: We all face times when we wonder if God is really present? Just because you don’t see God’s movement doesn’t mean He isn’t already moving in your circumstances.
The Things You Don’t See
When the king of Aram was at war with Israel, he would confer with his officers and say, "We will mobilize our forces at such and such a place."
 But immediately Elisha, the man of God, would warn the king of Israel, "Do not go near that place, for the Arameans are planning to mobilize their troops there."
• God is aware
– Of your circumstances
– Of your enemies
• Their plots
• Their plans
• The choice to believe
– Is this truly God’s message?
– Will you trust, even if you don’t understand?
So the king of Israel would send word to the place indicated by the man of God, warning the people there to be on their guard. This happened several times.
Watches & Warnings
• The watches and warnings of life
– An awareness of your surroundings
– The counsel of a trusted friend
– The admonition of God’s Word
• Taking precautions
– Knowing your plan of action
– Commitment to follow through
The king of Aram became very upset over this. He called in his officers and demanded, "Which of you is the traitor? Who has been informing the king of Israel of my plans?"
 "It’s not us, my lord," one of the officers replied. "Elisha, the prophet in Israel, tells the king of Israel even the words you speak in the privacy of your bedroom!"
• Secrets revealed
– True motives are exposed
– Pretenses are revealed
• God’s protection
– Even the best formed plot will be thwarted
– God cannot be out maneuvered
The king commanded, "Go and find out where Elisha is, and we will send troops to seize him."
And the report came back: "Elisha is at Dothan."  So one night the king of Aram sent a great army with many chariots and horses to surround the city.
No Way Out
• Under siege
– We all encounter times when we are “surrounded.”
• Troubled relationships
• The issue of perspective
– God does not see the situation as you do
• He sees the outcomes
• You see the circumstance
When the servant of the man of God got up early the next morning and went outside, there were troops, horses, and chariots everywhere.
"Ah, my lord, what will we do now?" he cried out to Elisha.
When Panic Sets In
• A change of focus
– From God centered to self centered
• Shaken faith
– Causes us to question “Is God really here?”
"Don’t be afraid!" Elisha told him. "For there are more on our side than on theirs!"  Then Elisha prayed, "O Lord, open his eyes and let him see!" The Lord opened his servant’s eyes, and when he looked up, he saw that the hillside around Elisha was filled with horses and chariots of fire.
The Unseen Reality
• God is on your side
– He has already prepared for your circumstances
– He is assisting in ways you are not aware of
• Clear vision
– Allows you to see the fullness of God’s presence
– Takes away all fear
– Gives confidence that it will all work out
Are You Seeing
the Whole Picture?
** Powerpoint available on request