Summary: Many young people go to college as Christians, but due to the secularism and the anti-Christian propaganda force-fed them, they become agnostics or atheists.They must become knowledgeable of the foundations of their Christian faith.
THE TOP 7 LIES YOU’LL HEAR AT COLLEGE
A. HUMOR: WHAT AISLE IS THE POLISH SAUSAGE ON?
1. People today over-react, especially about politically correct topics. There was a customer who asked, "In what aisle could I find the Polish sausage?"
2. The clerk asked, "Are you Polish?" The guy, clearly offended, said, "Yes, I am. But let me ask you something.”
3. "If I had asked for Italian sausage, would you ask me if I was Italian? Or if I had asked for German Bratwurst, would you ask me if I was German? Or if I asked for a kosher hot dog would you ask me if I was Jewish? Or if I had asked for a Taco, would you ask if I was Mexican? Or if I asked for some Irish whiskey, would you ask if I was Irish?"
4. The clerk said, "No, I probably wouldn't."
5. The guy said, "Because I asked for Polish sausage, why did you ask me if I'm Polish?” The clerk replied, "Because you're in Home Depot."
1. Denzel Washington started out the “Great Debaters” saying, “I am here to help you to find, take back, and keep your righteous mind.”
2. That’s the goal of this talk, to equip you to stand strong in your faith in the midst of an onslaught of secularism and anti-christian bias.
3. There are a ton of lies you’re going to hear in college. Many professors you’ll have will have some kind of agenda. You need to learn to be discerning and wise about what you believe.
4. The message this morning is “The Top 7 Lies You’ll Hear at College.”
I. BIBLE IS UNRELIABLE
Today in schools, atheists commonly declare that the Bible is primitive, full of contradictions and errors, etc. The truth is the Bible is most the reliable ancient document in history.
How do we know?
A. THE ACCURACY OF BIBLE DOCUMENTS
1. The Dead Sea Scrolls, found in 1947, verified the accuracy of transmission of the Old Testament. These manuscripts dated as far back as 400 BC, and were virtually identical to the Masoretic Text dating to around 1000 AD.
2. The MSS evidence for the New Testament is far stronger than authors like Plato, Aristotle, or Socrates, yet no one dreams of questioning their authenticity.
3. We have more than 25,000 ancient mss of the N.T., some dated to within 10 years of the authors! The accuracy & integrity of the N.T. is unparalleled.
4. Dr. Carsten Theide, German papyrologist’s list of 16:
1. Magdalen Papyrus(P64) Mt. 26…Before 66 A.D.
2. Dead Sea Scroll MSS 7Q5 Mark 6:52-53…Before 68.
3. Dead Sea Scroll MSS 7Q4 1 Tim. 3 …Before 68.
4. Barcelona Papyrus (P67) Matt. 3 & 5…Before 66.
5. Paris Papyrus (P4) "not much later" than 66.
6. Pauline Codex (P46) Paul's Epistles ….85 A.D.
7. Bodmer Papyrus P66…125 A.D. 8. P32…175 A.D.
9. P45…150 A.D. 10. P77…150 A.D. 11. P87…125 A.D.
12. P90…150 A.D. 13. John Rylands P52 ...100-125 A.D.
14. Papyrus Oxyrhynchus P77...150 A.D.
15. P. Oxyrhynchus 2 ...100 A.D
16. P. Oxyrhynchus …125-150 A.D.
B. ARCHAEOLOGICALLY ACCURATE