Summary: Many believe that Romans is a compicated book. It is more like Christianity 101. This is a series of messages to "Unveil The Gospel Of Christ."
A) The Plan Of The Gospel 1:1-17
I. THE PLAN OF GOD IS TO USE ORDINARY MEN TO BE A KEY INSTRUMENT IN THE GOSPEL
1. Each one of us are set apart for specific purpose in the kingdom of Christ.
2. Matt. 28:19 is a personal charge to every believer to become a proclaimer.
II. THE PLAN OF THE GOSPEL WAS SET IN PLACE IN THE VERY BEGINNING
1. God knew that mankind would sin against Him. God, the God of compassion, set out a plan to redeem mankind and forgive them of their sin.
2. When Jesus was crucified, Satan and man fell into God’s plan of the gospel.
III. THE PLAN OF THE GOSPEL WAS FULFILLED IN CHRIST
1. The prophecy of Jesus was fulfilled through Jesus. A descendant of David. He was Son of God, but also Son of Man. Through His sinlessness, he became the perfect
sacrifice for our sins.
2. It is through His resurrection that all power is given to Christ. It is the resurrection that gives us hope. Death without the resurrection would be hopeless.
IV. THE PLAN OF THE GOSPEL WAS TO IMPART GRACE TO SINFUL MAN
1. It is grace that saves us, (Ephesians 2:8-9), but it is also grace that keeps us.Though we have been saved, we are still caught up in sin. God’s grace not only saves but it also sustains.
2. The only way to grace is through faith. There is no other way to be saved. Good works cannot save us. Through self righteousness we attempt to please God. It is only through surrender to His plan of grace through the acceptance by faith are we saved. That’s the plan.
3. Grace is for everyone! The Jew as well as the Greek. The rich, poor, black, white moral, and immoral. The plan of the gospel is for everyone.
V. THE PLAN OF THE GOSPEL IS TO SPREAD THROUGH ASSIMILATION
1. The gospel spread from Jerusalem to the Gentiles through Christians creating other Christians by spreading the good news of the gospel. Christians are made today through this same means, one Christian impacting lives around them, creating other believers.
VI. THE PLAN OF THE GOSPEL IS TO EMPOWER EVERY BELVIEVER
1. It is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes.
2. Belivers should in no way be ashamed of their empowerment of the gospel.
3. It will be revealed from first to last.