Summary: Too many Christians fail to discover the worderful adventures of the Gift of Salvation.To unwrap the Gift of Salvation is to put it to use.
Scripture: 2 Corinthians 9:15
Title: “The Unwrapped Gift”
Introduction: Peter made it very plain on the Day of Pentecost that Salvation is a Gift of God. (Acts 2:38 “Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.”)
· Eph. 2:8 “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:”
MAIN POINT- “Why would God Give Us Such A Gift?”
· Because He Loves Us So Much! (John 3:16, “So Loved!)
· We are God’s Crowning Achievement of His Creation!
· And God wants to Bring Us Back From being Lost from Him!
MAIN POINT – “There’s More Than Just Being Saved! (The Package!)
· The story of the little woman who bought her ticket to come the USA and didn’t know what was included in the price of the ticket. (Cheese & Crackers)
· Rom. 12:6 “God has given each of us the ability to do certain things well.” NLT
· Becoming a Born Again Christian brings us into the Body of Christ. 1 Cor. 12:13
· We also become Heirs, “ . . . we will share his treasures--for everything God gives to his Son, Christ, is ours, too. – But if we are to share his glory, we must also share his suffering.” NLT
· When Jesus rose from the dead he gave GIFTS unto men, “When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.”
· When a triumphant warrior returns with a host of prisoners with the gifts of the people he conquered he distributes gifts to his followers. – Christ conquered Satan and all that had conquered us.
· We are in a position to receive the things Satan has stolen from us and prevented us from having.
· In Genesis 4 we have recordings of God’s gifting of people with the abilities to: Be Farmers v. 20 – Musicians & Inventors of musical instruments – Those who worked with Metals of Bronze and Iron – Builders of different kinds of structures, etc.
· We have ACCESS to God’s throne 24/7 – We can call on Him any time.
· Salvation includes the promises of Abraham by faith. We are heirs and joint heirs with Christ.
· 1 Cor. 2:9 “But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.”
· The Gift that keeps on giving – The Gift for the person that has everything, etc.
· Rom. 8:17 “And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.”
MAIN POINT – “Unwrapping The Gift!”
· The Story of Receiving the Gift of the Welder at Christmas! (I went into the Living Room WHERE it was! – I was HANDED the Gift by my Wife! – I RECEIVED it! – I took off the PRETTY PAPER! – BUT – I didn’t OPEN it!
· I looked at the PICTURES on the OUTSIDE of the box & Read some of the INSTRUCTIONS! – I THOUGHT about some of the things I could do with it and then shoved it aside. – Later it wound up out in the Garage still in the Box!
· How many Saved People are treating their Salvation the way I treated my Gift?