Summary: Judgment day is coming. What will the verdict be?
THE VERDICT IS IN!
17. For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?
The verdict is in, are you guilty or not guilty?
Has anyone here ever been a witness in court?
Did you know that the Holy Spirit bears record for God?
A witness knows something about the situation were in.
Whether we know it or not, one of these days we are going to be in court.
And the judge will be Jesus! He’s the one who’s going to be leading the trial.
There will be a witness of what’s going on, the Holy Spirit.
We are going to be guilty of serving Jesus or not.
In this court room there might even be witnesses, I didn’t say for sure there would be, but let’s just say there is.
There might even be witnesses, people we have had contact with in life.
Maybe they will get to speak their mind, I don’t know!
If someone was going to be a witness for you, would it be for the good or bad?
If they were to judge your walk with the Lord, what kind of walk would they say you had?
What kind of testimony would they say that you had?
Would they say you were a light to them, or would they say you were a hindrance to them, that you were nothing but a joke, a hypocrite?
When we face Jesus He’s going to show us are testimonies
Whether we know it or not, we have a righteous Judge, this Judge knows our hearts and minds.
ROMANS 8 27 (NAS)
27. and he that searches the hearts knows what the mind of the spirit is, because He intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.
1. Let a man so account of us, as the ministers of Christ, and stewards of the mysteries of God.
2. Moreover it is required in Stewards, that a man be found faithful.
3. But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of mans judgment: yea, I judge not my own self.
4. For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord.
5. Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.
We are supposed to be good Stewards of the mysteries of God, aren’t we?
Were stewards of the most high!
If we are a steward, we are found to be trustworthy!
Do people trust you?
Do we realize that when we face Jesus, He is going to bring to light the things we think are hidden away?
Things that I might not want to deal with.
Jesus sees the motives of are hearts, why we do what we do.
If the verdict was in right now, what would He show you about your life?
You will see what you didn’t want to deal with in this life.
17. For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey the gospel of God?
Judgment in the house of God!
There is a judgment that is happening to Christians right now.
People make comments that we know we ought not to say, and then God shows up and shows us the truth of the matter.
Last week Sister Peg made the comment to God that she didn’t think there was a hell, that hell was right here on earth, God showed her hell was more than that.
He gave her a dream in the night, she dreamed her bed caught on fire, she then went to hell, when she woke up she said her face was blistering hot. She turned up the air, turned on the fan; her husband asked her why she was up.
She told him that God had just showed her hell was real.
She knew Hell was real, but she got caught up in the moment of anger and made her comment.
God is tired of you and me just running are mouths about what we all ready know to be the truth. Judgment is in the house of God.
God wants us to do what we already know is right.
I dreamed some of our church was at Trinity Full Gospel. There was going to be a trial, I don’t remember who the individual on trial was.