Summary: Take it off TO PUT ON:
Take it off TO PUT ON:
The Belt of Truth
1. Truth is CHRIST the Living Word of God.
6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
2. Truth is ESSENTIAL. Prov. 23:23
3. Truth never CHANGES. Heb 13:8
8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.
The Breastplate of Righteousness
2 Cor 5:21
21For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
1. This is putting Righteousness. Col. 3:9-14
2. Righteousness protects us from EVIL. Eph 4:24-27
3. Righteousness produces JOY. Heb 1:9
The Boots of Peace
1. Peace WITH God. Rom 5:1
1Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
2. Peace OF God. Phil 4:7
7And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
3. Peace ENABLES us to stand firm. 2 Thess 3:16
16 Now the Lord of peace himself give you peace always by all means. The Lord be with you all.
The first three pieces of armor we put on, now we TAKE UP some additional armor:
The Shield of Faith
16Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
FAITH is the shield against Strongholds.
The soldiers used these shields to stand behind.
1 John 5:4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.
* Simple trust in God. We walk by faith, not by sight.
* We are saved by faith - we also live our lives by
* This shield must be deliberately taken up and used, stand behind the strength of your faith.
* Faith in God is more reliable than faith in anything else!
* Our object of faith is Jesus Christ (totally trustworthy) - The Son of God, His life, death, burial, & resurrection.
WOTKING TO GETHER
* Roman soldiers hooked together their shields.
* To help, to protect watch out for each other.
The Helmet of Salvation
17Take the helmet of salvation..
* Protection of the head (our mind) is essential in combat.
* Essential armor - A blow to the head could easily be fatal.
* Roman solider could fight with a certain amount of confidence.
* And this is what the helmet does for us. It gives us confidence.
1. Helmet of salvation provides CONFIDENCE in Christ. , Heb 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need. * We are eternally secure in Christ.
Our enemy will bring DOUBT.
Phil 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:
* Satan loves to get us doubting our salvation - we can’t be saved, look at this sin or look at that
* I don’t "feel" saved, struggling with sin, Bible reading & prayer life not too good.
* You begin to doubt God’s power, goodness and truth. "I CAN’T! you’re right, you can’t BUT God can. "
* This robs the believer of our JOY, we walk around miserable, sad, gloom & doom, negative all the time.